PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help !!

whistler
15-02-2009, 10:47 AM
First posting on here so firstly " Hello" to everyone on the forum..

I bought a 1994 80 Cab (2-0 petrol) yesterday and have a few issues with it...It runs and drives really well but seems a fraction slow to return to tickover when I take my foot off the throttle...I can drive round the problem but really want it right.. also when standing at tickover it will stagger/cough as if it wants to stop (it doesn't) for a second or two every 30 secs or so....

Also, I have no heater fans , numberplate light , dash backlights or heater control back lights working.......... Checked all fuses etc (under bonnet) to no avail..
Any ideas??

Cheers:beerchug:

whistler
15-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Got the dash lights working.... but no number plate or reversing lights,,,,,Still not found what's wrong with the heater fan

micheal balbrig
15-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Got the dash lights working.... but no number plate or reversing lights,,,,,Still not found what's wrong with the heater fan

If your model has the normal boot lid the problem may be
broken wires inside boot loom where cable flexes each time boot is opened / closed. check to see if power is coming to
connector in n/s rear behind rear lamp

A30guy
17-02-2009, 11:32 AM
If the heater fan only works at the top speed, your heater fan resistor block may have blown the thermal fuse. The resistor block is quite expensive to buy as a unit, but you can replace the thermal fuse if you're careful and handy with a soldering iron. The fuse is rated at 180 degrees and is very cheap to buy from a hobby electronics store. I replaced mine with a 157 degree fuse as I couldn't get the correct rating, but it works perfectly.
Also had the problem with the wiring harness flexing inside the boot.
Mine is a 1989 Audi 80 2.0E.

David