PDA

View Full Version : MMI 3G in A4?

cpd1
15-02-2009, 08:20 AM
As per title, the MMI 3G is def a big improvement, been available on the A5 since December production, also in A6, Q5 and A8 but still not in the A4?
I am planning to order soon but would hate to miss it by a week or 2 as I am assuming it should make it to the A4 sooner rather than later. Also brings back the SD card slots which currently disappear when MMI High is specced.
I hear the argument that portable sat navs are better for a fraction of the price, but think the 3G version at least bring the system to an up to date level, the new BMW i drive is really a big improvement too, it made it to 3, 5 & 6 as soon as it was released in the new 7...
Lot of details here (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_4301.shtml) and a good hint for MY2010 in the US
thx

C

onemanparty
15-02-2009, 09:24 AM
As per title, the MMI 3G is def a big improvement, been available on the A5 since December production, also in A6, Q5 and A8 but still not in the A4?
I am planning to order soon but would hate to miss it by a week or 2 as I am assuming it should make it to the A4 sooner rather than later. Also brings back the SD card slots which currently disappear when MMI High is specced.
I hear the argument that portable sat navs are better for a fraction of the price, but think the 3G version at least bring the system to an up to date level, the new BMW i drive is really a big improvement too, it made it to 3, 5 & 6 as soon as it was released in the new 7...
Lot of details here (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_4301.shtml) and a good hint for MY2010 in the US
thx

C

3rd Generation MMI will be on A4. Wait until model year change!!!

cpd1
15-02-2009, 10:13 AM
3rd Generation MMI will be on A4. Wait until model year change!!!

Thx onemanparty, when is the MY change for Audi? Read on an old post from Aug '08 it might be wk 22 in '09 which is end of May...
No doubt MMI 3G will make it to the A4, just don't want my car produced the week before ;)

Issac Hunt
15-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Its usually around June time when the MY changes are announced.

ScottyUK
15-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I ordered my car a few weeks ago and so I spoke to Audi UK about this.

They said it would be for orders taken in the 2nd half of this year.

I didn't want to wait plus I can't see the cost being as "cheap" as it is as part of the Technology package.

After discounts etc it's costing me £1116 for SatNav. I reckon 3G will be getting on for the best part of double that.

cpd1
15-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Thx ScottyUK. I hear the point, one can't wait forever, there will always be something better coming along. I need the car in June so if I can make it work, that makes sense but sounds like it could be difficult.
Re cost the A5 technology pkg actually costs the same than the A4 one but has the MMI 3G both £1955 for Se/S Line, obv cheaper on Executive A4s.
I wanted to lock in my order before next Monday price increase but not going to happen if I want to get more clarity on MMI 3G so right there that's certainly an extra £500-600 even if Audi doesn't increase the price when eventually available...
Update: Audi just unveiled (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/15/geneva-preview-2010-audi-a4-allroad-quattro-ready-for-its-close/) pictures of the A4 All Road ahead of the Geneva motorshow, MMI 3G to be available as per bottom of the press release, summer launch. Also looks like it will get LED rear lights, could be an update for all A4s for MY change.

onemanparty
15-02-2009, 07:00 PM
April announcement on average with June July delivery

ScottyUK
15-02-2009, 08:23 PM
That's not what Audi UK were saying but that would make sense. It may explain why my car went forward 5 weeks due to adding Nav i.e. they're getting shot of the old stock asap.

onemanparty
15-02-2009, 08:48 PM
That's not what Audi UK were saying but that would make sense. It may explain why my car went forward 5 weeks due to adding Nav i.e. they're getting shot of the old stock asap.

Scotty didn't know you knew someone at AUK ;)

ScottyUK
16-02-2009, 12:25 AM
I used to be the TT Owners club representative with Audi UK for about 3 years. The TT and A3 product manager and I got on well. Guess who drove the 3.2 TT before the dealers and magazines had even seen it ;)

However, since I got rid of my TT I handed ithat role over to someone else in the TT Owners Club and now I'm back to being part of the general public :D

I simply spoke to Audi UK Customer Services who went away, checked it out and then called me back. As I said your news makes more sense than what they said. What's your link?

onemanparty
16-02-2009, 06:17 PM
What's your link?

Link? or where do I get my info!! My friend works at a dealer.

ScottyUK
16-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Oh ok.

He must be good as it's normally us people on forums telling our dealers the information ;):D

onemanparty
16-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Oh ok.

He must be good as it's normally us people on forums telling our dealers the information ;):D

:biglaugh: I have no idea what you are saying ;)

Arran
24-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Now available and prices released, but only on the Allroad model.

Only available in a Technology pack at £1955.

Go to: http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/a4/pdf.Par.0039.File.pdf

This is the new pdf brochure feb '09

cpd1
25-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Thx for the heads up, looked for it over the w-e but wasn't there yet. It has the all road too. 3G only on allroad for now. No doubt it will find its way to the rest of the range but might not be until the summer.