PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 (100bhp) Polo Saloon

retro
14-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi

Looking for some advide regarding my second car.. I have owned it for over a year now and bought it from an older chap who only cover 8K miles and kept it garaged over night and when not in use...

The car is a 1.6 saloon (100bhp) and is a 1999 V .... It's a 2 owner car with full dealer service history with 15K miles now, 1 yrs tax & MOT and is immaculate inside and out ... It really is in mind condition...

The only down side is some ar*e keyed the boot leaving a 500mm scratch :mad:

It has BBS alloys with Mich tyres and a sony head unit, EW,EM and its green in colour ...

What I would like to know is the value ...

Am thinking about £2K ... ?

lanciamug
14-02-2009, 11:01 PM
The trouble with a car like this is its only worth what someone is willing o pay for it. I doubt very much whether you will find a guide price even half what you're suggesting. But if it is mint (mind?) and low miles, it does sound like a fair price. Are you going to sell, or just out of interest?

paul b
15-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I'd say its worth about £1,500.

Its entirely possible work is needed such as the timing belt which won't be cheap, they have to be replaced every 60k or 4 years whichever comes first, remember... timing belts are rubber and they age.

More and more people want diesels nowadays too. But for someone it could be exactly what they're looking for. :D

JUV
16-02-2009, 05:17 PM
You could try advertising it at £2k, but be prepared to come down for the sale. Unfortunately as its an older car, despite the low mileage etc, its value is being constantly pushed down by newer models (and the fact that even showroom prices are falling through the floor at the moment).

By way of comparison, we were looking for a used Polo in September - we ended up paying £2250 (haggled down from the advertised £2595) for a Mk6 2002 Polo 1.2S. The mileage was average for its age - 60k - but it had full service history (complete with some expensive timing chain work done that shouldn't need repeating) and was near mint inside and out.

For us, the fact that it was a modern design with up-to-date safety features and low emissions etc probably counted for more than the mileage (rightly or wrongly).

retro
16-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Yes, I guess I will stick it on Auto Tradre for 2200 and see what, if any, attention it's given. If it doesn't sell I will keep it as the second car and use the nissan more :biglaugh: