PDA

View Full Version : A3 dipped beam problem

midfield general
08-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi there,

We have an odd problem with our A3. A few days ago the dipped beams of the headlamps stopped working (though the side lights and full beams are still OK). The fuses are OK and so are the bulbs. In fact I cannot meter a voltage at either lamp when the switch is in the dipped position so they are not actually getting voltage on either the right or left bulb.

As a lot of the wiring is a separate circuit or each lamp I was wondering if it could be the switch itself. Have popped it out and metered it on the kitchen table but it is not obvious which pins should have continuity in each position.

Does anyone have any info or diagrams for the switch itself or the loom or indeed any ideas or experience of the same or a similar problem?

I'm hoping its not a problem with the wiring loom but its seems to be heading that way so next stop will be some wiring diagrams and a long bit of bell wire... (or the garage...):mad: :zx11:

Many thanks,

Rob

1999 A3 1.9TDi SE 110 BHP, 5 door, 112,000 miles

midfield general
08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
On that note does anyone know a reliable and reasonably priced garage thats good at VW Audi's in East or North London or Essex....

Thanks,

Rob

umran9
24-10-2007, 09:17 PM
did you find out what the problem was? as my a3 dipped beams are doing the same thing!