PDA

View Full Version : Ipod into Concert CD Player?

tag2312
14-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I've just bought a A4 B6 2.5TDi with a concert radio with CD Player.

Just below the aircon control is a lead with an ipod connector. It appears that the previous owner had got his ipod connected.

I can't get the ipod connectionm to operate would be intrested to know whether this configuration could actually work and if so how it would have been wired.

Thanks for any help.

Issac Hunt
14-02-2009, 07:53 PM
A picture paints a thousand words!

It could just have been used to charge an Ipod? You'd need to trace the wire and see how/where it is connected to. It certainly isnt a standard fitment.

Nexus
14-02-2009, 09:06 PM
If its a genuine audi retro fit Ipod kit it is wired into the cd changer connector through a small interface box and basically emmulates a cd changer, it is activated by first plugging in an ipod, then selecting cdc on the concert unit, then select a cd (1-6) 1-5 is for setting up playlists of up to 99 songs on each, the 6th position is to play the entire song collection on the ipod, note that the playlists should be first set up in itunes or similar first, but if no playlists are active you should still be able to play the ipod song collection by selecting cd 6,
hope this helps? I have one in my A4 with a concert but I also fit these on a regular basis working at a dealer too :)
nexus

tag2312
15-02-2009, 01:51 AM
If its a genuine audi retro fit Ipod kit it is wired into the cd changer connector through a small interface box and basically emmulates a cd changer, it is activated by first plugging in an ipod, then selecting cdc on the concert unit, then select a cd (1-6) 1-5 is for setting up playlists of up to 99 songs on each, the 6th position is to play the entire song collection on the ipod, note that the playlists should be first set up in itunes or similar first, but if no playlists are active you should still be able to play the ipod song collection by selecting cd 6,
hope this helps? I have one in my A4 with a concert but I also fit these on a regular basis working at a dealer too :)
nexus

Cheers. I think I'll have to pull put the Concert unit and have a look at where the cable goes to. as the concert isn't seeing anything at the moment.

tag2312
15-02-2009, 03:20 PM
http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/1419098.phtml (http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/1419098.phtml)

think it's this one just need to get it going properly

hope it works with ipod touch?

Nexus
17-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes its the same as the one I have and I also have an Ipod touch too, works ok except it will not charge the Ipod touch 2nd generation due to the touch design with 5v USB charging, 1st gen 12v will be ok, it charges just about every other ipod though....apart from newer usb type charging.
nexus

tag2312
17-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Got the release keys today for the radio, so was able to look behind and found the din connection had fallen out between the ipod and the adptor. Having put it back in the ipod works.:D

The really good news is that it also gave me the oppertunity to have a look at why the climate control wasn't working on the passenger side. Pushed all the leads in tight and hey presto that works now aswell.:biglaugh::biglaugh: