PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Central Locking problem

swiss_steve
08-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, but hope someone might be able to give me some advice, and in future help with my contributions...

My wife's New Beetle has a Central Locking problem: when the doors are all shut but unlocked, you only have to wait about two minutes for the central locking system to lock the car (all doors) - completely by itself!

This spooky situation only seems to happen when the key is within reception range of the car, but can simply be left untouched somewhere nearby. If the key is taken outside of the reception range, the central locking system doesn't activate itself....

I've tried both keys (just in case it was a faulty transponder key unit, or low batteries), but it happens, neverthless, with both.

Has anyone got any ideas of where I start looking to find a solution to this problem? I don't have a code fault reader - should I buy one to help me with the diagnostics?...

All help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

bora(ing) nick
13-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Do you want it to lock on its own or not???

I know my Bora locks itself after abount a minute if its been unlocked but not touched . If i just get out of the car as normal when i finish a journey and forget to lock it.... it stays unlocked....

It's not one of those keyless entry things is it????

Nick

Lex Luthor
14-03-2007, 09:21 PM
It's working as designed.
If you unlock the car but do not open a door, then the car is re-locked.
Seems entirely sensible.....until a door lock switch goes bad and it locks the keys in the car.

;)