PDA

View Full Version : Mk6 Delays?

JoseSpring
12-02-2009, 11:51 PM
I ordered my Golf Mk6 back on 20th November, and I'm still waiting for a confirmed build week. The garage came back to me yesterday saying the production week had now been "frozen" but not confirmed as Week 12 - this is the week commencing 16th March. I was then told that the car should be with me about 3 weeks later after shipping and prep.
I know its a new model, but this seems a long wait. Anyone else having similar delays with delivery of their new Mk6?

bilen123
13-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Well, I ordered my 1.4TSI (ps 122) 2 days ago and they tell me expect it 31st March. Went to another dealer last week...they were quoting the same time line. I hope they are not telling porky's

JoseSpring
13-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Hmmmm, that sounds a lot better to me! Well done!
If you want to know for certain, ask them if the build week has been confirmed, and what week number it is.
Maybe mine's so slow because of my specs. I went a bit overboard, and I guess it just take's one to not be available and the whole car is delayed waiting for that part to arrive.

the_crofter
13-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I ordered my new GT on 18 December 08. Had it confirmed last week from the dealer that it was due for build week 6 (this week) and delivery will be via Grimsby for 23 March.

JoseSpring
14-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Damn Crofter, you ordered 4 weeks later than me, and they're building yours 6 weeks earlier! I thought I'd got a raw deal! What specs did you go for?

iallen1@btinter
14-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Ordered mine on 10th January 2009 and they texted me and said it would be started in build week 8 which is next week, but does anyone know how long from the build week to delivery. I have also heard there having problems with the turbo and supercharged engines, glad know i went for the 1.4 tsi 122 bhp.

the_crofter
15-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Damn Crofter, you ordered 4 weeks later than me, and they're building yours 6 weeks earlier! I thought I'd got a raw deal! What specs did you go for?

2.0TDi 140PS, Steel Grey, 18" Vancouver Wheels, Leather with Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, RCD 510 radio and Telephone Prep. Would have had Cargo Pack but it wasn't an option when I ordered.

JoseSpring
15-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I ordered a 1.4 (160) GT, with RSN510, Bluetooth, Dynaudio, Convenience Pack, auto-hold (don't ask!) and reversing camera.
Maybe it's the engine that delayed it. I hope to heavens I haven't been waiting so long for the auto-hold!

iallen1@btinter
15-02-2009, 07:28 PM
My old man has been running the 2.0 110bhp tdi for a week know its fab, its taking him a bit of time setting the menus up, when the wipers are off you cant lift them to wash the car as they catch the bonnet, there is something you do to the stalk and it lifts them a bit, i had a go and couldnt do it. Stereo is fantastic

WeegieBob
17-02-2009, 07:34 AM
I ordered mine mid-January, salesrep was confident for me collecting 1st April - only hope I'm not going to be an April Fool!

WeegieBob. ;)

JoseSpring
19-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Hmmmm Bob, I was told 1st April. That was on 20th November.
Now I'm being told maybe mid-April.
Maybe I was the Fool.
I hope you don't join me in the corner with a pointy hat!

bilen123
19-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Just to confirm...my order placed 10th Feb and they are giving me a build week of 13. They say allowing for shipping and registration we are looking at maybe a week or so after that...so in time for Easter I hope!

BTW I ordered 1.4SE.....7 speed DSG, met paint, front fogs, Luxury pack, DAB, multi-steering and parking sensors.

I guess ordering the sunroof, leather or Sat Nav may mean it woul take longer to build?

Mini Mark
19-02-2009, 04:48 PM
My old man has been running the 2.0 110bhp tdi for a week know its fab, its taking him a bit of time setting the menus up, when the wipers are off you cant lift them to wash the car as they catch the bonnet, there is something you do to the stalk and it lifts them a bit, i had a go and couldnt do it. Stereo is fantastic

On the MK5 you turn the ignition on and off then touch the stalk the wipers come up and stay up then go down again when you turn the key again.

WeegieBob
19-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Hmmmm Bob, I was told 1st April. That was on 20th November.
Now I'm being told maybe mid-April.
Maybe I was the Fool.
I hope you don't join me in the corner with a pointy hat!

Trust me Jose, it wouldn't be the first time I've worn a pointy hat over a car salesmans promise. :Blush:

WeegieBob.

WeegieBob
19-02-2009, 06:20 PM
On the MK5 you turn the ignition on and off then touch the stalk the wipers come up and stay up then go down again when you turn the key again.

I continue to live and learn! ;)

WeegieBob.

Frelon
19-02-2009, 06:33 PM
iallen1

Yes, I had the same problem with the wipers on my Golf Plus, until I RTFM!!!!

You (or your Dad) must think of it as a bonus - those nasty people who stick promo material under your wiper blades can't do it any more!! Now they stick them under my rear wiper blade!!

To get the blades to open (to wash the car for instance) you switch off the ignition and then flip the wiper control down once, et voila!!

Stop whingeing guys!! At least you know that your new car has not been standing for months in an airfield somewhere in middle England!!

WeegieBob
19-02-2009, 07:03 PM
To get the blades to open (to wash the car for instance) you switch off the ignition and then flip the wiper control down once, et voila!!

I learn even more!!!! ;)

Remember though Frelon the mantra of men the world over - "If all else fails, read the manual" I'm a true advocate of that rule ...... and I don't ask for directions either! :)

WeegieBob.

vdubdavy
19-02-2009, 10:45 PM
I ordered a 2.0 tdi (140) on the 14/02/09 and was told the end of april/beginning of may,salesman said vw aren't on full production,dont know how true that is.:aargh4:

knt
19-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Probably due to the credit crunch, most if not all manufacturers are scaling back production.

vdubdavy
20-02-2009, 09:24 PM
If you go on to youtube website and type in vw golf production factory there are 4 short videos showing the mk6 being made, sorry i dont know how to post it as a link

WeegieBob
21-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm just glad I didn't end up going for the Vauxhall Insignia SRi as I originally intended - I reckon that brand is on very thin ice seeing that Opel is the main producer for Europe and Vauxhall is really only the UK.

golf mk6
21-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I pick mine up on monday, but i am in Portugal. cant wait

JoseSpring
21-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm just glad I didn't end up going for the Vauxhall Insignia SRi as I originally intended - I reckon that brand is on very thin ice seeing that Opel is the main producer for Europe and Vauxhall is really only the UK.
Did I miss something? What are you saying about Opel/Vauxhall & the Insignia?

WeegieBob
21-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Did I miss something? What are you saying about Opel/Vauxhall & the Insignia?

Recent news reports have detailed Vauxhalls (sadly amongst others) growing difficulties with regard to sales. GM (America) are in deep trouble worldwide and are scaling back in an attempt to keep their losses under control. Currently they are actively seeking more even more financial support from the American government.
I remember GM a number of years ago went through a similar, but smaller crisis where they looked at money saving methods and closed their plant in Holland, concentrating that vehicle production in the US and exporting to Europe.

Re my last post; if you think about it, Opel is producing more or less the same cars as Vauxhall does, but to a far wider market than Vauxhall, whereas Vauxhall is virtually unknown beyond UK shores. So I have a nagging fear GM management may be looking at doing the same thing as they did in Holland by closing their UK facilities, building in Europe only and the Vauxhall brand vanishes.

I sincerely hope this is not the case, but these are troubled times and disappointingly American companies are not known for their gentle touch when it comes down to saving their own.

JoseSpring
21-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Ahhhh. I see. I know this is getting a little off topic (apologies - I'll post somewhere more appropriate if anyone is concerned), but my job involves importing and exporting, and generally the UK is well placed due to the recent fall in foreign exchange rates, in particular with the Euro - the recent adjustments made us about 20% cheaper than we were a year ago.

WeegieBob
21-02-2009, 09:14 PM
And may I add my apologies as well regarding going off topic - it can be hard when interesting discussion ensues.

WeegieBob. ;)

vdubdavy
23-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Golf mk6 did you get your car today?

golfman2
23-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi,I ordered a new mk 6 140ps gt in white with lux pack,front and rear sensors and have not heard a thing from the garage since,I know someone who ordered his 1.4 last october and had it this february,hope mine doesn't take that long.:zx11:

vdubdavy
23-02-2009, 10:47 PM
when did you order golfman2

VictorPapa
24-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Just ordered a GT TDI today, with a long options list. Because of this, it's a factory order and I was told to expect the car around May 1st.

Having had a Mk4 Golf SE TDi about 3 years ago, I'm really looking forward to coming back to VW after driving a petrol Mazda 3 Sport since.

Roll on May!!

Hotspur
24-02-2009, 05:57 PM

If its the same as the Mk 5 you switch off and flick the wiper stalk down. The wipers the do half a sweep and stop in the vertical position.

Oops! Should have read the whole thread first as this had already been answered.

Hotspur
24-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Ordered a Mk6 SE 2.0TDI 140 last week and decided not to load it with options and found a car in Deep Black pearl awaiting shipping. Should be with me in a couple of weeks to swap with my Mk5.

I had a look through the VW stock system while I was at the dealer for cars that were ready for/close to shipping. There didn't seem to be many cars available. The ones that were had lots of options on and not always the ones you would like. I was told the dealers had to take the GT TDI for demonstartors in the first instance but that might not be the truth; who knows.

WeegieBob
24-02-2009, 06:18 PM
It was a GT TDi that I got a demo drive in - drove beautifully.

It had 8 miles on the clock, drove through city traffic and on an expressway, came back with 16 miles on it and a consumption on the display of 42mpg. Sooooo much better than my Merc's 23mpg!

WeegieBob. ;)

Hotspur
24-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes my test was in a GT TDI as well. Quieter than my current car and the engine was so smooth and the suspension soaked up the bumps far better than my Mk5 GT TDI. I've been gettng between 500 and 600 miles per tank in mixed driving so you'll notice the difference to the merc.

Felt that the spec was a little miserly compared to the SE so went for that model as I no longer need the roadholding for the journeys I do but the extra torque of the common rail engine will come in useful.

WeegieBob
24-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I've been getting between 500 and 600 miles per tank in mixed driving so you'll notice the difference to the merc.

At the peak of the fuel hike the Merc was costing me £90 to fill up and at an average of 24mpg it was costing me an arm and a leg! Don't get me wrong, its a lovely car to drive and when I got it three years ago I knew economy wasn't high on the "must-do" list, but now its just got silly.

Felt that the spec was a little miserly compared to the SE so went for that model as I no longer need the roadholding for the journeys I do but the extra torque of the common rail engine will come in useful.

I went the other way, after driving large saloons for the last 8 years I decided I wanted something with a bit of pep.

Last year the Merc needed a new differential (which is another story) and MB in Glasgow have an Enterprise rental desk in their main showroom. So the rep did the paperwork, sorted out the hire cost as Merc were paying for it and asked - "What car would you like sir?"

I was like a kid in a sweetie shop - I chose a brand new "Golf" having no idea what model it was, only to discover it was a Sport GT TDi and thrashed the bejeesus out of it for a week. There and then I promised myself when it came to changing my car I would seriously consider a Golf, and as luck would have it for once I got my timing right because the Mk VI was about to be launched.

WeegieBob. ;)

bilen123
25-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Not suprised to hear dealers are asked to take up the GT version - they always show off the model which looks the best. In car 'write ups' and in show rooms you are shown the top spec ones (applies to all maunfacturers)
Problem is you get sucked in with the looks of what they display but when you work out what you can afford you get something that looks quite different!

VictorPapa
25-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Not suprised to hear dealers are asked to take up the GT version - they always show off the model which looks the best. In car 'write ups' and in show rooms you are shown the top spec ones (applies to all maunfacturers) Problem is you get sucked in with the looks of what they display but when you work out what you can afford you get something that looks quite different!

That seems the same with most things for sale. Thankfully, I could afford to order the GT model and there were one or two in the colour I wanted that were available almost immediately but the options on them were not what I wanted so I decided that as this was going to be a car I would be living with for many years, and I'd probably not be in this position again, it would have the spec on it that I'd be happy with.

I just hope that the estimate of very early May will not be extended.

vdubdavy
25-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Glad i ordered a couple of weeks ago:D,i see vw uk have put the prices up by about £500 on the mk6 as well as upping the costs of the optional extras

VictorPapa
25-02-2009, 09:52 PM
That's why I ordered mine on Monday. One of the dealers I visited let me know that VW were upping the prices with effect from today, I think to get me to order from him. I took this info away and got a better deal elsewhere.

vdubdavy
25-02-2009, 10:20 PM
The car i ordered wolud have been under £700 extra today,i think its it bit of a strange time to be increasing prices when most manufacturers are making price cuts or giving you complimentary upgrades.

WeegieBob
25-02-2009, 10:53 PM
The car i ordered wolud have been under £700 extra today,i think its it bit of a strange time to be increasing prices when most manufacturers are making price cuts or giving you complimentary upgrades.

Perhaps with the £'s poor exchange rate, the glowing reports the motoring press have been giving the Mk VI and the resulting interest in the model these articles have generated has been the green light for VW to recoup some of their losses in other markets.

Classic "supply & demand" economics.

WeegieBob. ;)

vdubdavy
25-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Classic "supply & demand" economics.

WeegieBob. ;)[/quote]

I just wish they could supply a bit quicker

WeegieBob
28-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I dropped into the dealers today and was informed my Golf was scheduled for build week 10, which apparently is this week. Expected delivery into the UK two weeks later and to be ready for me to collect on the 1st April, as ordered.

Everything has been seamless so far, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed just in case.

WeegieBob. ;)

JoseSpring
01-03-2009, 03:05 AM
I'm not far behind. I've finally got a confirmed build Wk12 with a mid-April collection.
Just 5 months after placing the order!

WeegieBob
01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
I know "ordinary" folks like ourselves Jose probably will never be party to the internal workings of VW's ordering system, but having read as much as I can about this subject I can't find a pattern.

I ordered mine the first week in January, yet it arrives before yours even though your order went in months before mine. All I can think of that may influence delivery times is mine is a 3-door in solid colour, perhaps that version was scheduled for an earlier production run than the model you've ordered.

Regardless, I'm certain we're going to enjoy that "brand new" experience. I normally look for something pre-registered or fleet management, so it'll be nice to get one that hasn't had someone else in it first. :)

WeegieBob.

JoseSpring
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Apparently it might be due to the options list too - if you ask for a lot or an unusual mix then it will make it a custom build, and maybe they wait until there are a certain number with this mix before they schedule this production.
Years ago when I orderd my brand new Rover 100 (don't ask!) it wasn't really worth the 1 week wait. But I agree, this is one car that really sounds like it should be worth the delay.
Bob, I look forward to hearing how you find yours in a few weeks. Hopefully it will help me look forward to mine a little more...

WeegieBob
01-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Apparently it might be due to the options list too - if you ask for a lot or an unusual mix then it will make it a custom build, and maybe they wait until there are a certain number with this mix before they schedule this production.

I'm glad I didn't substitute a "Tea's-Maid" for the iPod connection then! http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/images/smilies/laughing.gif

WeegieBob.

JoseSpring
01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm glad I didn't substitute a "Tea's-Maid" for the iPod connection then! http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/images/smilies/laughing.gif

I have a feeling auto hold (hill start) may have been my own personal tea's maid, and could have delayed my order for a month or 2! Who in their right mind orders this on a manual? :confused:

Hotspur
01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I've been told my car will be with the dealer later this week with delivery w/c 9 March - can't wait !

VictorPapa
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Just been in touch with my dealer and was told my car has been put into build week 17 (w/e 25 April), 8 weeks from order.

It should be with me early to middle May.

Can't wait.:D

bilen123
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Sounds about right - 8 weeks build + further 2 weeks to get it over and on the road

golfman2
02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
ordered it the first week of february

HHGTTG
03-03-2009, 04:50 PM
I ordered my Golf Mk6 back on 20th November, and I'm still waiting for a confirmed build week. The garage came back to me yesterday saying the production week had now been "frozen" but not confirmed as Week 12 - this is the week commencing 16th March. I was then told that the car should be with me about 3 weeks later after shipping and prep.
I know its a new model, but this seems a long wait. Anyone else having similar delays with delivery of their new Mk6?

I ordered a MK 6 1.4 TSI SE 5dr hatchback last week with a few extras one of which has just been put across the range i.e. a sunroof. Also had parking sensors and folding door mirrors and multifunction steering wheel and metallic paint.
Some hours after placing the order, the salesman phoned me back and told me that it could be 4 months before I take delivery. :(

bilen123
03-03-2009, 04:57 PM
You have ordered pretty much everthing I did (except I also went for the DSG option).....mine, if they are correct, will be 9 weeks. (7 weeks build and 2 weeks for shipping and to get it 'on the road')
I can only think that the sunroof option is slowing the process down (as I believe this option has only just become available)

HHGTTG
03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
You have ordered pretty much everthing I did (except I also went for the DSG option).....mine, if they are correct, will be 9 weeks. (7 weeks build and 2 weeks for shipping and to get it 'on the road')
I can only think that the sunroof option is slowing the process down (as I believe this option has only just become available)

If I've understood you correctly, you have also specified a sunroof as well?

bilen123
04-03-2009, 09:18 AM
No, I did not order a sunroof....had I then maybe my delivery date would be further out

Griff449
04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I ordered first week in Jan and expected delivery date is 15th June!

Sure the wait will be worth it................. :)

bilen123
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
By the time you get it, the 59 plate will be out! What did you order

iallen1@btinter
04-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I ordered mine on Jan 10th and VW phoned yesterday and said it will be finished this week, then it has to get to the docks Bremhausen or something like that and then booked onto a ship, then it depends on the weather as they dont sail if its too rough, they reckon 15 to 20 march is a realistic date

WeegieBob
04-03-2009, 05:50 PM

Wow, that's a long lead time - you're a much better man than I am, I'm already driving the other half nuts and my wait is only 10 weeks!

I'm not known for my patience when it comes down to my cars though. :Blush2:

WeegieBob.

HHGTTG
04-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Did your dealer give you the reason why there was such a long delivery time? Was there something in your spec. that could account for this?
:confused:

Griff449
04-03-2009, 11:07 PM
No reason as such bar that its the new shape and slow deliveries to start

Can wait though :) Had a great price :)

bilen123
05-03-2009, 12:16 PM
What did you pay...what discount did you get (prices went up 3% last week)

HHGTTG
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
What did you pay...what discount did you get (prices went up 3% last week)

My total price to pay, including price increases, was £18,360 and that was for a 1.4 TSI 122 PS SE Golf MK6 5dr hatch with the following extras:

Metallic Paint - reflex silver
Multifunctional steering wheel
Reversing sensors front and rear
Luxury pack
Sunroof.

They are allowing me £6360 in p/x and disc. on the 'old' car.

bilen123
05-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Mine....DSG,met,front fogs,DAB,f/r sensors,f/r Golf mats, multi-wheel (not paddle shift), storagepack, tyre pressure sensor.
Total price (before recent increases) £19200 (got 10% off +p.ex which was consistent with other dealers)

Griff449
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Golf GT 2.0 140
Pearl Black
Front & Rear parking sensors
Convenience pack
RCD 510 upgrade (6 CD autochanger with touchscreen)
Full tank of fuel

£18,100 on the road

Best a dealer could offer was £19,869

Hotspur
05-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Got a call from the dealer today to say the car is in and being PDI'd. Agreed that I'll be collecting it on Monday morning :D

20 days from order to delivery! Helped that I was shown the VW stock awaiting shipping list and selected a car that had just been built and not allocated. Missed out on my preferred car by a day as I was negotiating the price down. C'est la vie.

JoseSpring
05-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Good stuff Hotspur!
That's quick.
I've only got 5 weeks of a 5 month wait to go. It's starting to feel like the end of the marathon is in sight!
The posts here tell me that it's not just me who's had a long wait, but there are ways of getting the car quicker if you're prepared (or smart enough!) to chose a pre-built one as you have.

WeegieBob
05-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Got a call from the dealer today to say the car is in and being PDI'd. Agreed that I'll be collecting it on Monday morning :D

In my best Mr Burns voice ......... Excellent!

Promise you'll start a new thread and post a picture of it - and then we can add ours as and when they arrive? ;)

WeegieBob.

JoseSpring
05-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Promise you'll start a new thread and post a picture of it - and then we can add ours as and when they arrive? ;)

WeegieBob.

Sounds like a plan. Something to wet our appetites while we wait...

Hotspur
05-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Jose,

I'm not one to put lots of options on a new car so can be flexible. Unfortunately I left it late to replace my MK5 GT TDI. It needs it's first MOT in March and a service, rescue renewed etc. Got a reasonable px deal from my local dealer, which meant it wasn't worth selling privately given the current market conditions, and a good discount on the new one. Got pretty close to the best broker deal I could find.

Weegie,

If I can get out of the car for long enough I'll take a pic or three and post them. Will have to work out how to do that though!

iallen1@btinter
06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
mine is made, just waiting for a shipping date, hope to have it with in two weeks

vdubdavy
06-03-2009, 09:28 PM

WeegieBob.[/quote]

We could use it as a support thread to help us who have weeks/months rather than days through our darkest hours:1zhelp:

djradium
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I ordered my graphite blue GT TDI with the following on the 13th Feb

510 Radio
ACC Suspension
Winter Pack
Luxuary Pack

I was given build week 13 from the dealer, which is the week beginning the 23rd March.

The wait is torture

iallen1@btinter
06-03-2009, 11:35 PM
i can post a photo its a silver 3dr with steering wheel up grade 1.4 tsi se, im not sure how to get it on here though i csan put photo on using my memory card onto pc but how do you transfer it on here

Griff449
07-03-2009, 12:25 PM

Rgds

Griff

HHGTTG
07-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Or you could try http://www.tinypic.com which is also a good photo and video sharing website.

:D

iallen1@btinter
07-03-2009, 06:59 PM
i will give it a go when i get it, but im not brill with owt like that, but i know a man who is e e e e

bilen123
09-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Same build week as mine - I have been told to expect it Mid-April as it take about 2 weeks to get shipped, taxed etc

iallen1@btinter
13-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Im picking mine up on Monday afternoon, cant wait.

Griff449
13-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Dont forget to post some pics up :)

iallen1@btinter
13-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Will do mate but im not much kop on pc, i know how to put them on my pc from camera and then will try and use photo bucket, if i cant do some one will have to post me a link on the step by step guide, i know i sound stupid but its only easy if you iknow how

Griff449
13-03-2009, 09:11 PM
If needs be matey email some and I will put um up for ya :)

iallen1@btinter
13-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok Thanks whats your email address and i know most people blank their reg out as well, i will take some next week and email you

JoseSpring
23-03-2009, 05:09 PM
How's everyones wait going?
Who's had delivery yet?
I got confirmation this afternoon that mine was indeed built last week. Now a 3 week wait for delivery to the UK and "preperation" by the dealer.
Anyone got any feedback on how realistic this 3 weeks is? It seems an awful long time to get a car over from Germany. Or do they do a crazy amount of preperation at the garage??

WeegieBob
23-03-2009, 07:35 PM
My dealer intimated two weeks for delivery to the UK after it is built, then a further week for PDI, licencing. number plate allocation, road tax and registering with DVLA = 3 weeks.

I'm supposed to pick mine up next Wednesday, but haven't heard anything yet. :(

WeegieBob.

the_crofter
23-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Get mine on Friday (23/03/09) - Can't wait. Hopefully will be able to post some pics over the weekend - if you can get me out of it that is!

vdubdavy
23-03-2009, 10:33 PM
My dealer intimated two weeks for delivery to the UK after it is built, then a further week for PDI, licencing. number plate allocation, road tax and registering with DVLA = 3 weeks.

I'm supposed to pick mine up next Tuesday, but haven't heard anything yet. :(

WeegieBob.

I was talking to the the dealer at the weekend and he said that their admin department phones them to let them know the vehicle reg number,and that the car is en route to them, he reckoned this usually only takes a couple of hours.

Judging by your test drive description i think you have used the same dealer as myself just a different outlet.

So with a bit of luck you could be getting a phone call very soon:banana:

WeegieBob
25-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Got my call today - pick up next Wednesday afternoon, right on time - woo hoo! :)

WeegieBob.

lchrisl
25-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Got my call today - pick up next Wednesday afternoon, right on time - woo hoo! :)

WeegieBob.

When did you orders yours?

JoseSpring
26-03-2009, 12:35 AM

Congratulations Bob!
I reckon I'll be a week or 2 behind you so I'm I'm looking forward to hearing all about it next week.

WeegieBob
26-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks Jose. ;)

Currently I'm without a car (the first time in 37 years!) and reliant on my significant other to lift & lay me. Its really odd not being able to jump into my car and just go, I'm realising just what a convenience private motor transport is as the public transport system here is very limited. The journey into Glasgow in a car takes 25 minutes to the museum, public transport takes two buses and then the underground - over an hour and a half.

And blow me over with a feather - expensive! No wonder everybody complains.

Rant over, WeegieBob. :)

HHGTTG
26-03-2009, 09:57 AM
When did you orders yours?

Yes, it's all very well people here telling that their cars are ready but I'm interested in knowing just how long it has taken, from the day that they ordered those cars.

Mine was ordered just 4 weeks ago today and so that leaves at least another 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

bilen123
26-03-2009, 11:42 AM
can't remember when I ordered mine (seems so long ago!) but think it was end of the 1st week in Feb. It's been built now as promised (build week 13) and they say allow 2-3 weeks for shipping, registration and preparation so I am expecting it mid-April

Andyjjuk
23-06-2009, 01:01 AM
I ordered mine a 1.4 TSI 122 ps SE mid-March the 18th to be exact,with a build date of the 11th of May with a deliver date of 3rd June. This was then put back to the 30th June.
As of yet I'm still waiting for delivery. I checked with the dealer today and was told that it still had a build date of the 11th May but would not get it till the end of August! Do you think this is strange or could it be because of the optional extras I have asked for?

Optional Extras
Vienna leather
2 zone electronic climate control
Park assist - front/rear parking sensors
Cornering front fog lights
DAB Digital radio
Winter pack
Luxury pack
Storage pack - Golf SE/GT
Flat tyre indicator
Rear side airbags
Multifunction steering wheel
Any feedback would be gratefull.
Andyjjuk.

JJackson
23-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Andyjuk - your ordered yours the day after me and to date I still have no build date. Mine is the 1.4 TSI 122ps SE as well with various extras. It seems that the GT model seems to be coming through quicker and I do not know of anyone who has received an SE yet.

HHGTTG
23-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, it's all very well people here telling that their cars are ready but I'm interested in knowing just how long it has taken, from the day that they ordered those cars.

Mine was ordered just 4 weeks ago today and so that leaves at least another 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, Oh Golly, wasn't that wishful thinking on my part all that time ago, now.
It's 16 weeks so far and my car, all being well, is scheduled for build next week (week 27) and so should get the car middle/late July.
I've almost lost interest or have I?

maisbitt
23-06-2009, 09:13 AM
I always lose interest in the wait for a new car. With this credit crunch, VW aren't making stock cars, they're only making cars to order (although they've never really stockpiled much anyway).

If you're after a pretty much standard spec with no obscure extras, sometimes the dealers can grab one by swapping with another dealer on the computer system - it can save a lot of weeks wait.

Andyjjuk
08-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I ordered mine a 1.4 TSI 122 ps SE mid-March the 18th to be exact,with a build date of the 11th of May with a deliver date of 3rd June. The delivery date was then put back to the 30th June,Then the 30th August.

Been on to the lease firm today for a check on how the Golf's doing and had more bad news :( She's not now going to be at the dealers untill 21st September!

I also asked them for the comm's number but they refused to give it me.

Here's what the lease firm said:

"Unfortunately I am unable to give you the commission number for VW, I have asked my purchasing department for an update with the order as there seems to be quite a bit of a delay with it expected to the dealership on 21st September and they have advised that VW are having troubles with the huge demand for the Golf 1.4 as there is a shortage of that particular engine."

Looks at this rate that it could turn out be a very large Christmas prezzie :(

HHGTTG
08-07-2009, 05:16 PM
If I haven't told you all elsewhere (probably have). My car HAS been built - last week in fact and is currently at the shipping port in Germany (Emden, I think) awaiting shipment.
I should receive it in the next two weeks or so. And my garage has confirmed this as have VW Milton Keynes.
It will have been almost 5 months from start to finish which is going to be better than the new delivery dates of 7 months now being quoted, apparently, for 1.4 TSI - based Golfs. :(

Dave B
08-07-2009, 08:55 PM
It will have been almost 5 months from start to finish which is going to be better than the new delivery dates of 7 months now being quoted, apparently, for 1.4 TSI - based Golfs. :(

7 months where did you hear that?

If so is it just for the 1.4 TSI or all models?

HHGTTG
08-07-2009, 09:19 PM
7 months where did you hear that?

If so is it just for the 1.4 TSI or all models?
When my dealer was discussing my imminent delivery of my long overdue car, he mentioned that they had been told that this was now the expected delay for 1.4 TSI Golfs and that customers with factory orders would expect to take delivery next year in Feb/March.

He may have been wrong, of course, but why not check with your local dealer or with VW themselves.

Kremmen
09-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I intend to visit and take a test drive first week of August, be interesting to see what delivery delay they quote me if I decide to proceed.

"I'll have the 1st March 2010 thanks and can you write on the order form that if there's any delay you'll supply a loan car until it arrives"

I'll probably be asked to leave :o

Hughmungus
09-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi I posted this in another thread but was told to order now for March 2010 delivery. Next build dates are Jan 2010 for Feb/March delivery. Not even sat in one yet. They are getting me a Golf Plus 1.4 tsi dsg to try thats the best they can do. But after reading the reviews I am confident of the right choice.

Kremmen
10-07-2009, 07:28 AM
If VW have a full order book for ythe 1.4 then I suppose there's little chance of a deal ?

I wonder if the 2.0 TDI would lend itself to a deal being as it's £2k dearer ?

Nightowl4933
12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi,

My order was placed on the 20th April with an original delivery date of 10th July, but it arrived on the 18th June - although I didn't pick it p until the 24th June so I wouldn't waste the car tax!

59 days in total - just 8 1/2 weeks :D

It wasn't a standard build, either. Bearing in mind what others have said here, I think I was quite lucky!

Pete

david25
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
If VW have a full order book for ythe 1.4 then I suppose there's little chance of a deal ?

I wonder if the 2.0 TDI would lend itself to a deal being as it's £2k dearer ?

I've just read VW are offering the 1.8 TSI engine as a special option to customers requesting the 122ps engine, at the same price! This is small version of the GTI engine, with 160PS, fitted to the A3/Passat. Although, I doubt it would be available in the UK
(http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.michaelneuhaus.de/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D8%26t%3D7255%26start%3D0&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhgTFMVZukPNFNycF9He518ysK7nNQ)

LINK (http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.michaelneuhaus.de/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D8%26t%3D7255%26start%3D0&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhgTFMVZukPNFNycF9He518ysK7nNQ)

Kremmen
13-07-2009, 07:10 AM

I'm now interested in the forthcoming 1.6 TDI, 60mpg will do me just fine. I'll see what the dealer has to say in 3 weeks time.

cdgthreesalmons
18-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Order my 1.4TSI in March. Just confirmed with the dealer a build date of end of August - delivery mid September - I hope!

Andyjjuk
19-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Andyjjuk

I ordered mine a 1.4 TSI 122 ps SE mid-March the 18th to be exact, with a build date of the 11th of May with a deliver date of 3rd June. The delivery date was then put back to the 30th June, Then the 30th August.

Been on to the lease firm today for a check on how the Golf's doing and had more bad news She's not now going to be at the dealers until21st September!

I also asked them for the comm.’s number but they refused to give it me.

Here's what the lease firm said:

"Unfortunately I am unable to give you the commission number for VW, I have asked my purchasing department for an update with the order as there seems to be quite a bit of a delay with it expected to the dealership on 21st September and they have advised that VW are having troubles with the huge demand for the Golf 1.4 as there is a shortage of that particular engine."

Looks at this rate that it could turn out be a very large Christmas prezzie

I received an email yesterday from my lease firm with an update on the car. VW had until now told them that the car had a build date of the 11th May and a delivery date of 21st September this I am told is untrue!
Here’s what the email said:

I have liaised with my purchasing department to see if VW are able to provide you with a replacement vehicle as there has been such a delay with your order.

VW have advised that they will offer a replacement vehicle after 20 weeks from the date of order (19th March) at present we are at week 17. My purchasing department will keep an eye on the order and has advised that your vehicle is due to be built next week which will give us a better idea of timescale to delivery.

As an offer of apology for the delay with your order VW have offered you £70 towards a cost of a meal, please can you provide me with the receipt if you would like to take this offer from VW and we will get the money reimbursed to you.

From what I am now told I am a little bit happier I also get a loan car and a free meal out of VW which is nice.