PDA

View Full Version : Limp mode i think?

longmanjon
12-02-2009, 11:22 AM
well after changing my MAF yesterday due to having intermittant faults and hesitant acceleration. i got a new one which does not have any real markings on it but does look slightly different to my pierburg one im replacing. anyway this morning it ran and was still stuttery and now runs quite flat and not much acceleration passed 2500revs. Is it in limp mode and have a bought the wrong MAF or is it duff? i have ordered the same as my original pierburg now just in case.

bobbydigger14
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
hi ive just done the same as you mate. i get all yhe same characteristics but some times get a little bit off black smoke coming from exhaust. i would presume this would be due to fuel/air mix.

longmanjon
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
yes i do get plenty of smoke when starting.
which car have you got and which MAF did you get? and where from.

bobbydigger14
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
i dont get smoke when starting its just when i push the revs a bit in 3rd gear. i got the maf from a local supplier and it is not a bosch part like what was on in the first place. i have since put the bosch one back on and it still has same problem but not as bad in missing power with the new part. i have spoken to a mechanic freind and he is saying it might be a split or cracked turbo pipe or a blocked fuel filter.

longmanjon
12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
im not sure about that as you should of had the same problem before. i am getting another pierburg one and go from there. i changed all the vacuum hoses recently so i think they should be ok, i changed the injector loom also recently, this all happened after i got it serviced

martin1810
12-02-2009, 09:50 PM
If you can get a vag-com read that might help.

longmanjon
14-02-2009, 03:00 PM
i had another look at the car today, and thought i would call the RAC to see what they said, we spotted the large pipe coming from the intercooler joinging the large plastic pipe on top of engine had a split in it. he taped it up but this didnt seem to cure anything.
the part number is 058 145 856D which we were told is an audi part, does anyone know the vw part number or where i can get a replacement.
BUT mainly could this be the problem, can anyone help as its peeing me off. or could it still be the MAF

martin1810
14-02-2009, 03:34 PM
A split in an intercooler pipe will screw up the air input to the engine. This will have a negative effect on performance.

ini
14-02-2009, 05:01 PM
It is good policy to only ever buy air mass meters and probes from genuine VAG dealers.

The market is still flooded with cheap copies and forgeries that are next to useless.

The last time i bought a maf from a parts supplier, they sent me a peirburg maf for a large TDI van, with a paper sticker with the part number i wanted printed on it, concealing the actual incorrect part number.

It took them three tries to even supply the right part, which turned out to be a cheap chinese copy.

I will always buy my Peirburg mafs from a ford dealer from now on (cheaper than Audi/VW)

longmanjon
14-02-2009, 06:07 PM
thanks guys, lesson learnt i suppose.
but i still dont have a solution to my poor car, what is the pipe/hose i need/called and could this be the solution as i have no power passed 2000revs.
and where can i get the pipe, as i have an a4 one?