PDA

View Full Version : mk3 advice please

NicholasP
08-03-2007, 02:26 AM
So along came my birthday and a bit of money which is now burning a hole in my pocket...I wanted to buy a nice shiny exhaust for my mk3, get the inlet manifold cleaned out, tint the windows, lower the car, do something with the ugly drum brakes at the back, get the calipers at the front painted red, and stick a vr6 rear wing on it, and get smoked rear lights!

However, im abit of a trader in the financial markets in my spare time and could invest the money and possibly make 5-6k out of it any maybe buy myself a mk4 tdi 115bhp..Making that money would probably take me a year though..

Im probably going to start work following my masters in september 2008 which means then i can buy myself a brand new car!

So i can either invest about 1k on my car....now

Save the money, invest and buy a new golf in a year...

Save the money, invest, concentrate on my work, and buy a brand spanking new car in a year and a half...

I love my golf but would love to modify it a bit. Was just wondering what you older guys think, looking back on your early 20s?

Nick
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/nickpanayotou/ss171.jpg

Wanted it to look like this :)

Kev2904
08-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi mate.

Me? i would probably get her completly checked out (bodywork,ecu,suspension,weld joints,cv boots,any mot failures) the reason being is i would want to have a good base car BEFORE i spend money on the "look".

Then i would get the exhaust and then the lowering if i had money left.

The reason im saying this is because i have a mk3 and have now found a heap of problems with her and now have to decide if shes worth throwing money into, as im never going to get it back when shes sold.

Do you have alloys?

If you are going to sell her in a years time i would leave of the tints mk3's normally have a slight tinit any, well my 3 door does and it might make it more "saleable".

jusy my opinion but then again i cant save so if you can get a corrado!!

Kev

NicholasP
08-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Kev your mark 3 is lovely can you post some pics...i need some inspiration!

With regards to what you said, i got my car checked the day i got it from VW and an independant garage..the solid basis theory is very important i think. VW suggested that i change the brake fluid but thats about it!

Oh..and that the handbrake came up a bit high..good for a 150k car..

Kev2904
08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Kev your mark 3 is lovely can you post some pics...i need some inspiration!

With regards to what you said, i got my car checked the day i got it from VW and an independant garage..the solid basis theory is very important i think. VW suggested that i change the brake fluid but thats about it!

Oh..and that the handbrake came up a bit high..good for a 150k car..

Thanks mate i will put up what i can find i dont really have a lot.......lucky you mine needs welding possibly new ecu as well lol i love the car but my wallet dosnt!