PDA

View Full Version : Black Smoke... ?

RickyTDI
12-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have got a 2002 VW Passat 130 TDI / AWX?? I think?

I had a few issues when I had it diagnosed -

17569 - Manifold Temp Sensor (G72): Open or Short to Plus
P1161 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17564 - Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71): Open/Short to Ground
P1156 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

18027 - Glow Plug Relay (J52): Open or Short to Ground
P1619 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
P1557 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I have just changed the N75 Valve the MAP sensor and a Glow plug Relay as they were the faults I believe.. I have also got the Innotec Turbo Cleaning Kit which I havent put in yet.

The car still keeps going into limp mode so would this be sticky vanes ?

Also, it is producing black smoke out the exhaust and the engine it very loud and shaky...
(only way to describe it is like der..der..der..der..der.... instead of a normal smooth constant derderderderderder ?)(if that makes sense... ?)

We have cleaned the EGR valve and tried to test it by blocking the vacuum pipe and this kicked out loads of black smoke so I think the EGR is fine ?

We have recently changed the MAF also which has no effect so I think its a vacuum leak ? Which is the common areas to go ?

Also can someone put a picture of where the actuator is as I want to see whether it moves on start up ?

What is the function of the anti-shudder arm... as when we press this rod arm in the car picks up and goes to normal but also kicks out loads of black smoke ?

Will be trying to sort this out today if someone can help with a quick reply.. ?

Thanks Very Much

Ricky ;)