PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Tyres for 55 plate A4 S-Line 2.0TDi

rosedani
11-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi All,

I recently got a quote from my local Audi garage to replace one front tyre on my A4. The quote came in at £235!!

Does anyone know of a way to do this cheaper?? Or if there are any garages in the Croydon area that will do it cheaper than Audi? KwikFit quoted £200!

The tyre I'm after is a Michelin Sport 235/40ZR

Cheers
Rosedani

kodkod.84
11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
try a website like blackcircles.com, they will most likely be a bit cheaper

danclyon
11-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi All,

I recently got a quote from my local Audi garage to replace one front tyre on my A4. The quote came in at £235!!

Does anyone know of a way to do this cheaper?? Or if there are any garages in the Croydon area that will do it cheaper than Audi? KwikFit quoted £200!

The tyre I'm after is a Michelin Sport 235/40ZR

Cheers
Rosedani

Blackcircles can offer it for about £180 fitted, but there are a few versions and it depends on the rim size needed.

At that price though, assuming they are 17's I've heard very good thinks about Falken Fk452's - given they are around £80/tyre (and are allegedly made by Dunlop in the far-east) - you could almost repalce the lot with them for not a lot more than the price of one of the Michelins!

Cheers,
Dan.

rosedani
16-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Cheers for the replies... I managed to find a local garage that recommended Continental tyres instead of Michelin. They quoted £150 all in so saved quite a bit of cash there!

Cheers
Dan