PDA

View Full Version : Question Boot liner

gregpawley
11-02-2009, 02:57 AM
I know that this is not going to be the most interesting thread but looking to order a boot liner for my soon to be delivered A4.

I see on the Audi website that there are 2 options, either the 8T0061160 Flexible liner @ £39.00, or the 8K5061180 semi rigid liner @ £57.99.

I have checked with my dealer and they do not have any available for me to look at so wondering if anyone can give any feedback which is best?

Many thanks,

Greg.

On Order
Audi A4 2.0T, Lava Grey, Piano black inserts, S Line Executive, Heated front seats, Bang & Olufsen, Telephone prep low, Parking Plus, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, Interior light package, Folding mirrors.

Red 2
11-02-2009, 07:34 AM
I've used the cheaper flexi liner which has performed very well, catching spills, floods etc and containing them. Easily lifted out and still allows the restraining straps from a boot net to use the boot hooks.

amack71
11-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I've used the flexible one in my old A3 a few years ago and its fine but after a couple of years started to show signs of wear and tear, it's basically dense foam a bit like a softer version of those carry mats you use for camping.

I had the semi rigid one in my last A4 avant and it's like a flexible plastic with about an inch high edging to catch spills and stuff. It's worth the extra few pounds as it easy washed and definitely more durable than the flexible one. I intend to get the semi-rigid one for my next Audi. Hope that helps.

jon_iz
11-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I have a semi rigid one in my avant. Rigid is perhaps the wrong terminology - it's still pretty flexible! It's grippy enough to reduce the amount of sliding of boot contents. There are cutouts to allow the load hooks to be used if needed.
I'll post a picture later when the car comes back from the dealers...
From my point of view, they are money well spent, especially with regular canine passengers...

gregpawley
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I wanted something that would help stop anything sliding around in the boot. and was worried that the semi rigid would be too hard and eveything would slide, but fromyour advice this not the case so looks like the semi rigid one for me.

Thanks,

Greg.

On Order
Audi A4 2.0T, Lava Grey, Piano black inserts, S Line Executive, Heated front seats, Bang & Olufsen, Telephone prep low, Parking Plus, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, Interior light package, Folding mirrors.

bluestar_ale
13-02-2009, 11:51 AM
The solution I came up with to stop things sliding about in the boot of my Avant was to buy a couple of plastic storage boxes......... to stop these moving about in the boot I used self adehasive velcro stuck to bottom of the boxs at each corner. the velcro sticks to the carpet in the boot........they don't move an inch when driving, and can be easilly removed if I need to............. any shopping / small item's that I have to put in the boot just get shoved into the storage boxes and doesn't get flung arround the boot every time I go round a corner.... may sound a bit "Blue Peter" but is works and is a lot cheaper than buying a boot liner......