PDA

View Full Version : Both mirrors stolen (snapped) off S4 Cab, HELP

B13PAA
11-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone has any information as to a cheap way of replacing my two wing mirrors which were stolen from my S4 cab on Sunday night?

The thieving scum have actualy ripped the old ones off the car leaving just wires sticking out and two brocken brackets. I have only had the car two weeks so am totally gutted!

Audi have quoted £889 for replacements including 3 hours fitting time. There is no way I can afford this so I need another option. I believe the cabriolet mirrors are different to other models for fixing purposes, is this true?

One option is to buy standard mirrors for my cab and then buy the chrome caps for them. Does anyone have any ideas where I could get some reasonably priced replacements from?

Any help is much appreciated, cheers, Paul

Mr_Meeks
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
GUTTED:(

Try eBay for the mirrior and chrome caps,

what about claiming from insurance???

sbt
11-02-2009, 12:14 PM
hi why dont you just buy standard mirror caps and get them colour coded if you fit chrome ones its a knocking bet they will go missing again. i know this sounds like giving in to the scumbags who stole them but its quite possible the same people who nicked them are waiting for you to replace them this could get very expensive its a shame but you cant watch your car 24/7

B13PAA
11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I know what you mean about colour coded replacements as this will save me £100 and probably will not get stolen again. I just hate the thought of giving in to the scum.

I have had contact from a breakers yard in essex that have a replacement pair for me now at £182 delivered so looks like that is my option for now. Regarding it happening again, maybe I will sleep in the car for a few months with my bat!. :D

No seriously though I will put the car down the back of the driveway and get a driveway infrared alarm off ebay. That way at least I will hear it go off if they come down the driveway. Or possibly when the milkman, cats, dogs, foxes, badges, large squirrels pass by!

Lets just hope for every scum bag that does something like this and gets away with it there is another who gets gripped mid robbery and gets the kicking they deserve!:aargh4:

kodkod.84
11-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes it wouldn't be as annoying if it was just the mirror caps that were nicked but, inevitably they just rip the whole mirror off, as they have such low IQ they can't work out how to do it properly, and make a right mess of it, costing the owner more money!- The thieving scum.

Thankfully mine haven't been had yet- but the amount of threads popping up on here I'm thinking it's only a matter of time....

bez101
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
cab mirrors are diffrent fitting you got a good deal from the breakers
breakers usaly charge 200+ just for the caps

Marco34
12-02-2009, 04:10 PM
£889... what the hell are they made from to justify that stupid idiotic price.... I'd be climbing the walls with rage. If I saw someone doing that, I'd find it hard not to go out and give that a damn good kicking, 2 or 3 at once if need be.. :aargh4: Oh the beauty of martial arts. :zx11:

B13PAA
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm with you Marco. Would be very satisfying to catch them doing it and dishing out some justice myself.

I have just contacted the breakers yard that advertised both mirrors for £182 ish quid and it was ********. The guy only has one and wants £175 for it! Typical.

Don't know what to do now then as not going to pay Audi's price and my Insurance excess is £850 so thats not an option either. Wish I had not increased my voluntary excess so much now to lower my quote! Doh

Marco34
12-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm with you Marco. Would be very satisfying to catch them doing it and dishing out some justice myself.

I have just contacted the breakers yard that advertised both mirrors for £182 ish quid and it was ********. The guy only has one and wants £175 for it! Typical.

Don't know what to do now then as not going to pay Audi's price and my Insurance excess is £850 so thats not an option either. Wish I had not increased my voluntary excess so much now to lower my quote! Doh

How come you have £850 excess?? That's mega high! I think mine is only £150. I's a real s**t. There's more and more vandelism on cars these days. :zx11: Scum who have nout. I work in a place where there's scum in the area and they target cars. Sado's really who need to go out and get a ***** job like the rest of us.... Sorry I go off topic. Vandelism just ***** me off!!!!

Mr_Meeks
12-02-2009, 05:51 PM
mate if i was you i'd get the normal wing mirrors and get decent chrome looking caps for them so only you will know the difference and if they do steal them then no. 1 you know there not real and no.2 you kno only to buy normall mirrors in the future to avoid the repeat performance

papalion
14-02-2009, 11:33 PM
hi i have one brand new alloy cover plus two brand new inners frame and motors ect if interested call me 07779573863 .

m8gic
15-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I have some chrome mirrors on my Audi A4, im going to install CCTv before they still my mirrors or my Votex bodykit.