PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Bluetooth?

jon_iz
10-02-2009, 11:20 PM
:1zhelp:
I have noticed, coincidentally, with a change of one of the phones we use in the car, that my BT-low prep incoming audio seems to have gone low and "noisy" when on a call.
People I am calling say that my outgoing audio is clean.
Listening to the quality of the inbound audio, the nearest thing i can liken it to is a weak FM signal with heterodyne, i.e. hissy with a kind of irregular warble (not cell polling). The audio level has gone so low, that it's difficult to hear a caller at 70mph motorway speeds even at full volume.

The problem is evident on all 3 phones that are paired with the car to varying degrees, Palm Treo Pro, Nokia N95 and worst on the new E71.

The TEL section of the car has been reset, all pairings deleted on the phones and re-paired again. The fault still exists.

It's going into the local dealers tomorrow, so it will get added to their list, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone come across this before?
(I suspect a faulty BT module)

jon_iz
13-02-2009, 09:33 PM
:1zhelp:
I have noticed, coincidentally, with a change of one of the phones we use in the car, that my BT-low prep incoming audio seems to have gone low and "noisy" when on a call.
People I am calling say that my outgoing audio is clean.
Listening to the quality of the inbound audio, the nearest thing i can liken it to is a weak FM signal with heterodyne, i.e. hissy with a kind of irregular warble (not cell polling). The audio level has gone so low, that it's difficult to hear a caller at 70mph motorway speeds even at full volume.

The problem is evident on all 3 phones that are paired with the car to varying degrees, Palm Treo Pro, Nokia N95 and worst on the new E71.

The TEL section of the car has been reset, all pairings deleted on the phones and re-paired again. The fault still exists.

It's going into the local dealers tomorrow, so it will get added to their list, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone come across this before?
(I suspect a faulty BT module)

It's a little strange replying to myself, but...
The dealer changed some settings with VAGCOM and it's back where it should be now..
My car was the second one in with the same problem...

a8 tech
13-02-2009, 09:48 PM
they changed the adption values

jon_iz
13-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks A8 tech...
What does that mean in simpler terms?