PDA

View Full Version : cd changer strange plug???

spadey
07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Hello I have 2000 a3 quattro which has the theatre sound system in with a built in sub in the rear hidden in the boot. I want to pop a cd changer in it as someone obviousley took it out before selling it and looking on flea bay it appears that everyone is saying it should be a 13 pin plug well guess what mine isnt..... Mine is round but has like 2 little male prong in it obviousley looking for female versions and also 2 wires 1 red and 1 white with standard jack plugs on the end.. Can anybody help or advice??? Many thanks....

Froggy
09-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Sounds like they had an aftermarket unit fitted. The RCA/Phono leads are definitely not factory fitted.

I suspect they had a complete aftermarket system, and than just refitted the original head unit and left the leads behind.

spadey
09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
So the best thing to go is to go to my local in car entertainment place and let them tell me what cd changer would fit my connector, connect one and see if it works????

Froggy
14-03-2007, 11:23 AM
So the best thing to go is to go to my local in car entertainment place and let them tell me what cd changer would fit my connector, connect one and see if it works????

No - just because it fits the lead, doesn't mean that the unit will be compatible with the Head unit you currently have. You may find that the leads won't fit the factory head unit?

Do you have any model or part numbers from the head unit, and can you tell us what type of connectors are available at the dashboard end?

spadey
14-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi mate I pluged a sony cd changer in and it made a noise and when I pressed mode on the audi head unit it went to cd but came up with error 3 any ideas??? Dont know if the cd changer is any good or not but it tells me the wiring is correct.

Steve

RickT
15-03-2007, 02:16 AM
i would look at getting a new auto changer and a new lead which would work with your headunit...

Even the Audi ones are going for a fair price on ebay...

RicKT