PDA

View Full Version : A4 Boot Spoiler (boot lip)

celtic_jase
07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi ,

New to the site. Looks good.

I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with ...

Just purchased a 2004 A4 1.8T (first Audi purchase).

I have seen A4's with a small boot spoiler (a little lip) which I like the look of (subtle but nice) - anyway Audi here in Ireland quoted Euro 520 to supply paint and fit the official Audi one - but I think this is steep.

I have seen on ebay and other sites similar ones - they seem to just go along the boot but the genuine Audi one has 2 additional bits that go over the lights ... both seem nice to me ...

So can anyone recommend an online shop that I could / should buy one of these from (I notice some are just stuck on with an adhesive while others screw on - which should I go for ? - obviously I will get it sprayed by a professional first) ...

Thanks.

skymaster
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I would call your local Audi garage Parts dept and get a price for the genuine Audi one. Then try to find a decent body shop to paint it and mount it on. I did this with my old Golf and it was fine. I think VW dealer wanted £400 or so to do it!

I just had mine bonded on with the glue provided. It did give instructions for drilling and screwing but I said I didn;t want my boot lid drilled. The bond they use is strong and it never shifted.

AudiSport
07-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I bought one of these from e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-B6-RS4-S4-Trunk-Lip-Spoiler-NEW_W0QQitemZ300088841672QQihZ020QQcategoryZ72209Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I only paid £19 for mine and it looks cracking. The fit is perfect and it only cost be £20 to get it painted locally. There is a very slight difference from the original part in that it is not as deep, but you really wouldn't see the difference if I'm honest!

Hope this helps. Sorry I've no pics yet!

Niall76
07-03-2007, 09:23 PM
yeah - I've seen the ebay ones and they look sweet.

That price from the ******* is outragous! I'm in the wrong business.....

celtic_jase
07-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Cheers Skymaster / AudiSport / Niall76 ...

Yeah - the genuine part here in Ireland (from Audi) costs E250-E300 (without fitting) , then obviously they rape you to fit it ...

So I think I will buy a replica like AudiSport said and get it color coded / fitted by someone local ...

AudiSport : did you get it fitted by adhesive strips / epoxy glue stuff or screws nuts n'bolts ? Also did you get it color coded before getting it fitted ?

Besides the site that AudiSport mentioned (which looks promising) I also noticed these :

http://www.e-styling.co.uk/scpro/estyling/bestsellers.asp?prodid=10401&page=1

http://stores.ebay.ie/TUNING-GT

http://stores.ebay.ie/fly-design-bremen

AudiSport
08-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Cheers Skymaster / AudiSport / Niall76 ...

AudiSport : did you get it fitted by adhesive strips / epoxy glue stuff or screws nuts n'bolts ? Also did you get it color coded before getting it fitted ?

The one I bought came with the adhesive strips pre attached, so I just bought a can of Audi Paint and painted it myself before fitting it! The can of paint was only £10 straight from Audi and the colour match was perfect. You can get five good coats from the can which is more then enough. I then got my mate to lacquer it using his propper gun. A couple of really thick coats of lacquer give it that deep shine and protection. It was easy to fit although did take the two of us. One to hold, the other to bend it round the boot while pushing down. So all in I guess it cost me about £60 fitted.

See attached pic. Sorry its crap it was taken at work today with my phone! I've not had a chance to clean the car up since, and the spoiler still has a little dry polish round the edge.

celtic_jase
08-03-2007, 11:45 PM
The pic looks great - it looks very tasty AudiSport - and at a fraction of the cost ...

After looking at the site you recommended and a few others on ebay - for that particular bootlip spoiler , I could not find any with option to post to Ireland (all UK).

So being an impatient git I have ordered one (slighly wider) from that TUNING GT site that I mentioned ...

This one (hope the link works) : http://cgi.ebay.ie/AUDI-A4-A-4-FROM-2002-BOOT-LIP-SPOILER-TUNING-GT_W0QQitemZ190077619472QQihZ009QQcategoryZ72209QQ cmdZViewItem

So I will see how that goes ... Cheers for the Advice ...

AudiSport
08-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey that looks nice. And a dam site cheaper the the Audi one!
Planning any other mods?

I've upgraded my alloys the 17-Stars, and I wish to colour-code the lower sections of my bumpers and that should be it for me!

nano
12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I have just picked up one of these from ebay for £30. Any advice on how to fit them?

It has 2 adhesive strips on it, will this be enough or do i need to supplement it with something else.

It looks like it needs to be bent as it is set into place, is this the case? if it is, how long does the adhesive need to take?

any advice would be good,

Cheers

Nano

docurley
14-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Should have started a new thread my man but anyway.

You will need to degrease the boot spoiler first off, then heat the boot up will a hair dryer around the area you want to stick the spoiler down on also heat up the top side of the spoiler so that yo can shape the spoiler. Peel of the backing tape and fit the spoiler.