PDA

View Full Version : Sharan Alloy Problems

madseasider
09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
i have just bought a 1998 sharan vr6 which is great but i have a problem with the alloys. it has a (not) very tasteful set of oz racing alloys, not really suited to a sharan!! i bought a set of vw alloys off ebay but even though they are both a five stud fitting the new ones don't fit. i don't want to spend a fortune on alloys (ie over 200 pounds). i just want a decent set off ebay. it is difficult to know which of these differing five stud ones to go for. anyone pleaseHELP, thanks, James. :1zhelp:

scotty33
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi

A lot of wheels are mis - described on E bay, basically the mark 3 and 4 golf with 5 stud pattern use a 100mm diameter pitch circle - also applies to Audi A3 and Seat Leon etc which share the mk4 golf platform.
Passats and A4, A6, A8 etc use 5 x 112 pattern I guess the Sharan also uses this size, for some reason the mk 5 and probably mk 6 golf platform cars also use 5 x 112.
One thing you should also try to get near is the offset or ET figure. A few mm either way from what you have now, would be ok. But a big difference puts the wheels either out too far or in too tight in relation to the arch. Also can affect the steering

madseasider
09-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated, James.:D