PDA

View Full Version : looking at buying a 1.8 20v T cupra

con1981
08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi guys I'm looking at buying the above said car for my other half. It's a bit leggy with 122,000 on the clock but has only had one owner and has full seat service history. Is there anything I need to look out for?:confused:

obviously I'll have to test drive it are there any tell tale signs of wear and tear i need to check for?

Cheers for the help:beerchug:

mister.c.
11-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Honestly wouldn't worry about the mileage - I've had one from 23 miles and it now has close to 90k - perhaps get a garage to have a look over it if you're not too sure.

Cambelts are expensive so check if / when it has been done & you might need to do the water pump at the same time.

This should tell you all about potential engine issues with the 1.8Turbo
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=50418

Don't worry if it sounds a lot of problems - ours has been fab other than coil pack failure.

If you are happy with the particular car, then I'm sure you'll find it an excellent car!

SCN Tris
20-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi guys I'm looking at buying the above said car for my other half. It's a bit leggy with 122,000 on the clock but has only had one owner and has full seat service history. Is there anything I need to look out for?:confused:

obviously I'll have to test drive it are there any tell tale signs of wear and tear i need to check for?

Cheers for the help:beerchug:
The engines are spot on apart from the odd coil pack going down

½cwt
21-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I was stores manager at PalmerSport where this engine was used in the single seater race cars. They are pretty unbreakable even in 300bhp plus high boost race trim and even running on LPG being thrashed all day long 200 days a year by punters on the corporate days. You just need to maintain them and use VW spec synthetic oil.

LEE EVANS
20-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Check the floor mats are not wet, the fixes are quite easy.

SLeonCupra218BH
01-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Solid cars, I wouldn't worry about the millage at all. I have a 01 plate and have done 136,000miles and have a full service every six months (300GBP) NOT expensive for components. Iv'e replaced a power steering pump, cam belts with full service, mass airflow sensor, wish bone, eight tyres but I do 40,000miles per year so very high millage. Uprated the power via remapping to 218BHP with 250lb of touque.

Really good cars!!