PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of my pride and joy :)

2007DBR9
08-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Finally got the chance to give the car a good clean today, although the weather doesn't look like it is going to hold out for long...

Anyway it is one of the last of the B7 A4 Avant's, 3.0 TDI, phantom black, S-Line package... I love it!

240 bhp, 6.2 seconds to 60, and over 40 mpg! Winning combination :D

kodkod.84
08-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Nice- loving the black roof rails ;)

2007DBR9
08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice- loving the black roof rails ;)

Thanks, I much prefer them to the "bright" ones.

Nice and subtle ;)

toff
08-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Grrr! :hitwithro

I wish I had bought an Avant and you pesky people keep rubbing it in my face!!

It looks lovely mate and the 3.0 V6 TDI is a peach.

240 bhp, 6.2 seconds to 60, and over 40 mpg! Winning combination :D

I was reading somewhere that with these figures, the 240bhp 3.0 is only marginally slower than the old petrol 2.7 Bi-Turbo! Crazy huh?

Now, if you want to improve on that.. I suggest you speak to Mike at Motech. Their performance remap takes your engine upto 275bhp (and something like 550 torque!) So long as you drive sensibly most of the time and (change your oil more regularly) that strong V6 lump won't bat an eyelid!

Al.

2007DBR9
08-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Oh I don't know, the saloon is really nice too. I just need the space, and I personally prefer it.

What colour is yours? 3.0 really is a fantastic engine :D

Thats really impressive!! Does that hurt the fuel consumption?

I was considering upgrading to the new RS4 when it comes, as but that seems like a very good option... Time will tell I guess :)

toff
08-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh I don't know, the saloon is really nice too. I just need the space, and I personally prefer it.

What colour is yours? 3.0 really is a fantastic engine :D

Thats really impressive!! Does that hurt the fuel consumption?

I was considering upgrading to the new RS4 when it comes, as but that seems like a very good option... Time will tell I guess :)

My saloon is exactly the same colour as yours.

Since buying it, I've grown to love the Avant with the full chrome roof rails etc.. it seems so much more car for the money!

I get about 10 miles less from a tank than I used to do, which I'm perfectly happy with. Motech do an Eco remap that gives you a mild hike in bhp / torque whilst also increasing MPG slightly. I believe this works by increasing the boost slightly.

RS4 - you crazy man! Imagine having to stop twice as often to fill-up with fuel!

Once you've had the economy / performance / refinement balance of the 3.0 Tiddles.. everything else seems like too much of a compromise!
That said, money no object, I'd love an RS4!

Al.

2007DBR9
08-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Well the saloon is a lovely looking car, I would be very pleased with it!

That's not bad at all, I will have to look into that.

Yes I have always liked the RS4, but in truth this was my first "proper" fast car, a tradedin a 2005 Saab 95 Aero for it. Saab was nice, but it just didn't have the same grip,and interior quality that the Audi has. Plus the new car is alot faster!! I didn't want to jump straight in to an RS4, and the diesel seemed the perfect car.

The fuel economy is my only worry, I take it your S6 was thirsty?? Still, got to love them :P

toff
08-02-2009, 07:18 PM
The fuel economy is my only worry, I take it your S6 was thirsty?? Still, got to love them :P

Thirsty? My friends used to call it Oliver Reed! :biglaugh:

I remember it fondly for the sound it made, the acceleration it had and for relaxing my driving style!

I'm so glad I got rid of it for the sub 20mpg fuel economy (that was the best it could do at 70mph on the motorway!) I also was frightened to death of something going wrong and the subsequent bill!

I was a fool, I had the money to buy it but I didn't really have the money to run it or fix any problems that cropped-up (I didn't expect the fuel economy to be quite so dire!)

It was an expensive mistake, but I learnt lots from it and popped my V8 cherry at the same time :D

If you are doing well for yourself and the future seems financially secure for you - go for it, get an RS4 seductress!

Al.

2007DBR9
10-02-2009, 08:19 PM
That is very impressive fuel consumption, and not in a good way!!

I am actually very impressed with the economy of the 3.0 TDI, I am getting much more than I thought I would be.

I know what you mean about expensive mistakes, my first car when I was 17 was a Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 SRI which was a brilliant car, but looking back I spent all my money on it!!

I haven't deicded for sure what I will go for next, I do like the A5 / S5 / RS5 (when it comes)!

What was your A4 2.5 TDI like?