PDA

View Full Version : My alarm goes off when dog is in the boot

frazzlewazzle
08-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi guys, Ive looked at other threads but cant find the answers i need,I have a 2001 passat estate t sport.When i lock the car as normal the alarm led flashes so i presume the alarm is active.But my problem is when i have to leave the dog in the boot and lock the car ,the alarm keeps going off presumeably cos hes moving around triggering it off.Have i got any options like disabeling the alarm till i get back ? or something else i could do other than let the alarm keep going off or leave the car unlocked ? what do you guys do ? any help woud be appreciated.

regards

kenney
08-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi Turn the key twice to the right in the door lock,this will disable the safe function,i.e the light will not blink.

frazzlewazzle
08-02-2009, 03:40 PM
ok thank you, i will check this out,so i turn the key in the drivers door lock twice to the right to disable it and then i lock the whole car up with 1 press of the lock button on the key phob ? that should then be the car locked but without triggering the alarm when the dogs in the boot, Have i read that right ?

regards craig

snapdragon
08-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Is there a small square button on the pillar that the driver's seatbelt is attached to, down below beside the seat. If so, this disables the ultrasonic sensors the next time you lock the car.

frazzlewazzle
08-02-2009, 04:12 PM
yes there is a button there,diddnt even noticed it before,then again ive only had the car 1 week.Thanks for that snapdragon....

frazzlewazzle
10-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey snapdragon ive pressed that button on the pillar but for some reason the alarm still goes off :aargh4: .When i open the drivers door and look at the button its lit up red but once i press it it still stays red.Does yours change colour when diactivated ? or not light up at all ? if so i may have a alarm system with int sensors stuck on permanentley ?

any help or info is greatley appreciated

regards fraz

snapdragon
10-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Hello, I'll have a look and get back, I'll also look in the owner's book. I don't have a dog so never paid much attention. :biglaugh:

Hey snapdragon ive pressed that button on the pillar but for some reason the alarm still goes off :aargh4: .When i open the drivers door and look at the button its lit up red but once i press it it still stays red.Does yours change colour when diactivated ? or not light up at all ? if so i may have a alarm system with int sensors stuck on permanentley ?

any help or info is greatley appreciated

regards fraz

Col
10-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Can't help but that is the best name ever !

frazzlewazzle
11-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanx BigCol, I think ! :biglaugh: I got fed up with inserting user names that had already been taken so tried something not so popular and now im the proud owner of (frazzlewazzle) LoL :D

slippers
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi guys, Ive looked at other threads but cant find the answers i need,I have a 2001 passat estate t sport.When i lock the car as normal the alarm led flashes so i presume the alarm is active.But my problem is when i have to leave the dog in the boot and lock the car ,the alarm keeps going off presumeably cos hes moving around triggering it off.Have i got any options like disabeling the alarm till i get back ? or something else i could do other than let the alarm keep going off or leave the car unlocked ? what do you guys do ? any help woud be appreciated.

regards
lets hope its a jack!!! hehe

SKINNYSEAND
07-03-2009, 07:14 PM
if you turn off the interior monitor then the alarm will still work but the dog on the inside won't trigger it.