PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Engine Start Up Noise!??!

Scoobyboo
08-02-2009, 01:52 AM
Hi, Please can someone help me...

I have an 05 1.6 FSI Golf... When the car has been driven for a while and then parked up and switched off - If I come back to it a few hours later and start it up again, every now and then it makes an awful whirring clunking sound, which lasts for about 2-3 seconds. The noise then just goes on its own and you might not hear it again for a few days. It does it intermitantly, maybe about 1 in 8 starts. The noise only seems to happen when the car has been driven, warmed up and then left for a few hours and then started up again!

What could it be?????

djbilal
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Im having the same problem on mine, really dont have a clue wat it is! wen it makes that noise i also get the engine management light come up on the dash. u getting the same prob?

hotboy
04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi, Please can someone help me...

I have an 05 1.6 FSI Golf... When the car has been driven for a while and then parked up and switched off - If I come back to it a few hours later and start it up again, every now and then it makes an awful whirring clunking sound, which lasts for about 2-3 seconds. The noise then just goes on its own and you might not hear it again for a few days. It does it intermitantly, maybe about 1 in 8 starts. The noise only seems to happen when the car has been driven, warmed up and then left for a few hours and then started up again!

What could it be?????

I had this same problem on my 05 Golf 1.6

It was the Timing Belt (Chain)

Apparently there was a big recall due to a big manufacturing faultly batch

My car was repaired under warranty FOC by VW, but it would have set me back around £1100 at VW.

Let me know how it goes! Good luck

Scoobyboo
05-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi,

Thanks for that information! As it happens, I have an extended all components VW warranty which runs out in May. I'll go and get it checked and mentioned what you said.

Thanks again!! I'll let you know what happens...