PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the NW England

Turbo5
08-02-2009, 12:50 AM
I thought it was the done thing to say hi to everyone for my first post. Its been a long while since I was a newbie on a car forum.
I am a petrolhead, cars have been my hobby for a lot of years, I owned a VW once a golf GTI 1.8 the one with the red I and 150bhp.Mark 4 I bought it new myself from Denmark in 2001 and imported it to the UK as a parallel import. I run it for 3 years from new and it cost me £2000 in depreciation when I came to sell it. It did however spend a lot of its life having ignition coils replaced. Though for new car motoring it was a good deal.

From there I bought a brand new Honda Civic Type R EP3 in 2004 (fantastic car) the 18 months I run it nothing went wrong. not even a failed bulb. However in 2004 I got actively involved on the type r forums, attended meets, and eventually organised a yearly euro tour through Europe. the last one had over 26 cars attend. The tour usually finishes for a couple of days at the Nurburgring.
I currently drive a facelift 2005 JDM Honda Integra Type R its white with red Recaros and a few choice mods taking it to about 240bhp in a very light weight car. another car that hasn't even had a failed bulb.
A couple of weeks ago I bought my wife a nearly new Golf GT TDI 170 5 door in black its a mar 2008 on a 08 plate with less than 10K mileage. I am impressed I love the torque , I don't have much in mine and need to be V tecing to get that sort of power. I would have to admit if the Golf caught me off guard It would shock me for a while until I regained the revs. The speed is there but it misses the noise of the v tec, with a buddy club exhaust and a Gruppe M induction kit. But overall I really do like the car.