PDA

View Full Version : 6cd Changer for Mk V Golf

ALMORJON
06-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Just Got 07 Plate Golf Gt Tdi (my Fith Golf)and Want To Buy A 6 Disc Changer From E.bay.my Golf Has The Optional Centre Armrest.Will The Cd Changer Fit In The Armrest And Is It Possible That The Wiring Is Already In Place ? IS THE IN DASH CHANGER THE SAME?
Any Help Or Pics PLEASE

AL

:d

RickT
07-03-2007, 12:44 AM
you can get a lead for the autochanger and plug it into any 6 disk changer on that head unit if i recall correctly...

you dont have to stick with the VW one... in regards to the armrest... if you find one which is top loading... yes it will.. but you wont find one i bet...

or thinking about it.... how about going for a MP3 auto changer? you will ahve to check if the head unit will take it tho

i would stick with getting in the glove box.

RickT
07-03-2007, 12:46 AM
something like this would be ideal if it works with your head unit..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-KDC-C719MP-10-DISC-MP3-CD-AUTO-CHANGER-NEW_W0QQitemZ330095812942QQihZ014QQcategoryZ75300Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ArturBorucNo1CSC
11-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I bought a Mark V Golf when they first came out. Part of the deal was the dealer would fit the 6 CD changer from my Polo into the armrest I had ordered on the new golf.

The CD changer was the same model that is used in the Golf, but the dealer found when they went to fit it that it didn't just fit into the armrest. They had to order some parts and I had to wait a week before they could fit it.

It would appear the standard armrest and the one that comes with the CD changer aren't quite the same, although this might have changed in the last few years.