PDA

View Full Version : mechanic

roman pol
07-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Have Audi a8 with electronic parking brake ,drive motor in caliper making awful sound, any you guys know procedure to reset braking system ,once you replaced caliper.thanks

bearthebruce
07-02-2009, 07:23 PM
This may be what you need although I can't be absolutely sure with out knowing if it is an 8E chasis: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A8_(4E)_Parking_Brake

martin1810
07-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Roman. Don't touch the pads or caliper without winding the caliper back with vag-com first.

roman pol
08-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your speedy replies guys ,the days of simplicity are over,everything getting more complex so dealers are getting their way .Will try the step by step guide and get back in touch .Another qusetion is this a common problem on this type of braking system.:(Car not that old and guy tells me he had one replaced already.thanks for your help:approve:

a8 tech
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
If your referring to the self calibration from time to time where the motors reset themselves then it normal,having been licensed for Audi a8 since launch i have never replaced one caliper yet.This system is also used for 4F a6 and again i have never replaced one,i advise you to compare with another A8 as the noise is quite loud but its not affecting the operation other wise the P warning light would illuminate on the DIS and the park switch would flash.As for replacing the caliper its straight forward using vcds but be cautious when the time comes to manually PUSH not wind the caliper back and measure the brake pad thickness to re input the values.