PDA

View Full Version : 1.8T Quattro Chipping Oxford...

randall977
07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm thinking about getting my A4 Cabriolet chipped but could do with some tips. First off it's a 2005 163bhp model with 57K. I'm not really interested in anything more than a moderate tune up to release some potential but not effect the fuel economy in a negative way (if this is possible). How much money, power and what pitfalls are there? Anyone know a place in the Oxford area which is good? Thanks

towcestervag
07-02-2009, 10:08 PM
try amd
but get advise from elsewhere as well

randall977
08-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Yes AMD are very good, my dad took his Bora TDi there a fews years back - cost £££ though! I was think something a bit cheaper - around £250 - is this unrealistic?

linners
08-02-2009, 11:08 AM
AMD aren't in Bicester any more if you're thinking local to Oxford - they were bought out by Big Boys Toys and are Essex based now (Thurrock I believe)
Had my TT remapped by them years ago - very good but pricey (£450ish)

Just had my car remapped by Mark at Chip 'n' Spin. Can vouch for them. You'll find detail on here or the web - good luck

Aptuning
08-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm thinking about getting my A4 Cabriolet chipped but could do with some tips. First off it's a 2005 163bhp model with 57K. I'm not really interested in anything more than a moderate tune up to release some potential but not effect the fuel economy in a negative way (if this is possible). How much money, power and what pitfalls are there? Anyone know a place in the Oxford area which is good? Thanks

Hi there I'm new to his site but a chippeduk dealer and if you go to my APTuning sponsor section you will see that I am currently offering remaps for forum members at just £225 or £275 if you want me to come to you. This is for a limited time.
call me on 07930410102 if I can be of help. Open 7 days a week!