PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 TDi Oil change

Red Avant
07-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Hello, i have a 2005 a4 avant 1.9 tdi. Has anyone ever used Chevron 5w/30 fully synthetic oil in their audi Tdi before. Seems good value but thought i'd ask incase it was crap oil. Cheers

adamss24
07-02-2009, 06:33 PM
As long as it meets the 505.01 min Vw spec it would be ok but i would stress you look for Castrol EDGE 5w30 fully synthetic oil from local Halfords store as it's the oil they use for longlife intervals but change it every 6K !

Red Avant
07-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi, thank's for the advice.
Why would you change the oil every 6k if it was a longlife oil? I know it wouldn't hurt but does it really need to be changed that soon? Thank's
Danny

toff
08-02-2009, 02:50 PM
As long as it meets the 505.01 min Vw spec it would be ok but i would stress you look for Castrol EDGE 5w30 fully synthetic oil from local Halfords store as it's the oil they use for longlife intervals but change it every 6K !

Ditto - I use Castrol EDGE 5w30 fully synthetic

Hi, thank's for the advice.
Why would you change the oil every 6k if it was a longlife oil? I know it wouldn't hurt but does it really need to be changed that soon? Thank's
Danny

Because we love and care for our cars and want them to last forever :D

It really does help prolong the life of the engine. If you plan to trade-in your car in a few years time, just change the oil at the variable services. If you plan to keep your car for many years to come.. treat it to more regular oil changes!

Al.