PDA

View Full Version : Scirocco's sound system - the missing info?

Hogwarty
07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
:1zhelp:
Hello folks - this is to all who have their scirocco already and have tried the storage option available with the supplied touch screen stereo.

I understand that the standard issue unit on the GT spec (a 510 model?) includes a USB / iPod connection in the armrest, and a SD card slot in the head unit. My questions are:

Does the SD card reader have an upper limit on card size - does it accept the higher capacity SDHC cards for example? I'd rather not have to buy one to find out.

Does the USB interface work with a (USB powered) portable hard-drive? If so, are there any issues with it registering the drive when you first switch the stereo on, or finding tracks, etc.?

If you connect an iPod, what level of control do you have from the car's head unit? Does the head unit display titles, lists or album art for example?

Any other hints / tips / recomendations?

All info greatfully received, as VW don't seem to include it in their brochure or website.

ArturBorucNo1CSC
13-02-2009, 01:14 PM
There's loads of threads and information to answer your queries on sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum.

You get full iPod control on the head unit with all artists, tracks, albums, etc listed. I don't think it takes SDHC cards from memory of something I read on sciroccocentral.

You can definitely plug a hard drive into the interface in the arm rest and I know other people have got this working fine.