PDA

View Full Version : A6 Rear Light Problems

Neil Davison
07-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Please help! I have a 54 plate a6 saloon (had it for about 1 year). Suddenly, whilst driving, I am getting messages on the dashboard stating that the rear right light is not operating, then the rear right reversing light, rear right indicator etc in various random orders. When I turn the ignition off, everything is working again, then later, it will give another random mix (not always all of the lights - but often most of them) of the rear right light cluster becoming inoperable - often one at a time. It is driving me crazy, please give me some advice!

niall campbell
07-02-2009, 02:22 PM
disconnect the plug out of the cluster and then re-connect

it could be a bulb was replaced and it was disconnected and then wasnt properly inserted

kite
07-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Is the pax footwell wet, it could be a water damaged CCU.
Do a search on here for "plenum chamber"

Neil Davison
07-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks fellas, I have had a look how to get at the bulbs / connections and am really struggling, is there any instruction anywhere how to get at the cluster? The manual says to take it to the main dealer!!??

MFGF
18-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I had exactly this problem in my 55 2005 A6 saloon. It was caused by water getting into the rear light clusters - they were replaced under warranty. Sadly the problem recurred many times, and over the lifetime I had the car, I got through 5 sets of rear lights.

MF.

PETER G ROCKEY
18-05-2009, 04:50 PM
IN LEFT OR RIGHT HAND SIDE THERE IS A ROUND HOLE IN THE REAR INSIDE THE FLAPS COVERED BY A GROMMET INSIDE THE HOLE IS A PLASTIC NUT TO UNDO AFTER THAT YOU HAVE TO PULL THE LIGHT OUT THERE IS A TOOL TO DO THIS IT COST ABOUT 4£ FROM AUDI IT IS A NYLON WEDGE, BUT IF YOU ARE CAREFULL IT CAN BE DONE WITHOUT. I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND AFTER DRYING THE LIGHT OUT IT WORKED PROPERLY AGAIN. I USED A HAIR DRYER:beerchug: