PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf - Alloy's

mac20
06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
What is the maximum size alloys i can put on a MK4 golf without having to resort to low profile tyres. i was looking at some 17" but they seem a little small.

ian
07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
What is the maximum size alloys i can put on a MK4 golf without having to resort to low profile tyres. i was looking at some 17" but they seem a little small.

i have put 18's on my mk 4 golf with no problems at all, but why would you want to put bigger wheels on but not low profile tyres ??

also your car will be slightly higher up, most ppl try to lower it for better stability !!!

i also suspect that with big wheels and ordinary tyres that your ride comfort would be compromised too as well as what lisa said about your speedo being out.

ian
07-03-2007, 09:48 AM
:confused: plus it would look awfully silly 17" rims on a golf with 65 profile tyres :D

i have to agree there, it would look odd, but its your car, why not just pop down to a local tyre place and see what one of the local grease monkeys say, or you could have a look at http://www.mswuk.co.uk/index.php?content=contact and email someone there to see if then can help you out or advise mate !!

worth a try