PDA

View Full Version : Air Con Issue

mike_low3
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I know this has been covered in other threads regarding steamy windows so I appologise for asking this again, I have a Passat 1.9 TDI (130) 2002, I'm having issues with steamy windows no matter how much I run the air con, nothing will clear the windows, but on top of that the air con unit when running seems to run fast and slow, even though the setting is the same, when it changes speed you can actaully hear the change in pitch of the unit, at first I thought it was related to the speed of the car but I'm not so sure now ?
I've checked the footwells and other area's for signs of water but can't see anything, I guess the issue is related to the performance of the air con unit, I've not checked the pollen filter, but I'll do this at the weekend.
I'm pretty sure it's related to new air not circulating in the car but any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Mike

snapdragon
06-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Do you mean the speed of the blower motor? This is supposed to change when on AUTO, or when switching modes.

You could do with reading fault codes, but I suspect that the V71 flap is stuck. Take out the pollen filter and see if you can manually open the flap as it is probably stuck on re-circulate.

SKINNYSEAND
06-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I had the same problem with steamy windows. I checked the pollen filter and found it to be old, dirty and blocked. I put a new one in and I haven't had the problem since.

mike_low3
06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah it's the speed of the blower, goes up and down even though the selected speed is the same and auto isn't selected, I don't tend to run it on auto tbh. I'll check the pollen filter this weekend, hopefully that's the problem...