PDA

View Full Version : The juddering???

tennentsfan
05-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Hello,

Got all my issues with the turbos on my alhambras sorted thanks to the legend that is crasher .
Only prob now is that im getting a slight juddering when in between 1500 - 2000 rpm .
I have also changed the maf but this problem was noticeable before that its just now that its worse .
The weird thing is its happening on both cars . One i never noticed on
or i just forgot ( its been in garage for 2 months !!! ) .
Anyway anybody got any ideas ???

Rergards kieran

Before i forget they are both 1.9 tdi and both on the AUY engine code .

towcestervag
07-02-2009, 10:15 PM
check the two mass flywheels

tennentsfan
08-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Dual mass flywheel and clutch done couple of thousand miles ago

towcestervag
08-02-2009, 08:54 PM
does anything show up on diag test?

tennentsfan
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
was done on a non vagcom diag a week ago but didnt show anything . unfortunatelly the guy who does vagcom for me is offshore at mo .

towcestervag
09-02-2009, 12:58 PM
you will need to check measuring blocks when driving to see what is causing the problem something must be amiss

tennentsfan
18-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Ive got vagcom now and it didnt throw any fault codes . The measuring blocks is a idea . Only thing wouldnt know what i would have to look for .
My guy is back shortly so will maybe get him to do it and shed some light

tennentsfan
20-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Just had one of my drivers complaining that the meter in my taxi is running to high .
So took it for a spin and its nearly double what it should be .
The meter runs off the pulse wire in the back of the stereo . Checked all connections and they are fine . Done a diag and its says speed sender signal too high . Cant remember code . Cleared it and its still got the problem but its not throwing any codes up yet .
This happened a week ago also and i cleared the code and worked perfect till now .
Where si the spped sender located and would it have any affect on my chugging prob aswell .
Regards Kieran

towcestervag
21-02-2009, 12:07 AM
this speed sensor is speedo sensor this is fitted to the top of the gearbox the let water into the connector but dont think this will cause chugging also check wiring under battery tray for chaffing