PDA

View Full Version : Temperature gauge on Sharan

gower79
06-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Just bought our 2002 Sharan 115TDI, after the first day I noticed the temp gauge rising and falling - clearly an intermittant fault (oil temp and all other gauges read fine). Having searched the forum I suspect its either a dirty electrical connection at the sender unit, or the sender unit itself, but I also read that if it is the sender then this could be playing havoc with my fuel consumption so it is something that I would like to deal with quickly.

Can someone describe where I should be looking to find the sender and electrical connection, or even point me to an image? Is the sender unit easy to change - does it involve gaskets and opening up the cooling system, or does it just screw into a metal housing with no chances of coolant leaks if I make a pigs ear of it??!!

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Cheers
Rick

1truegeordie
09-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Rick I Had This Problem On My 2001 Sharan And Changed The Sender Which Is Situated At The Rear Right Of The Cylinder Head And Held In By A Clip Which You Can Slide Down Be Sure The Engine Is Cold Before Changing Cost Approx £25 From Vw