PDA

View Full Version : TT - Petrol Gauge

smiler708
06-03-2007, 02:16 AM
Every time I get down to about 1/4 of a tank my petrol indicator plays up, sometimes showing empty but more often, when it's really low showing full. Has any one heard of this before? The response I got from the garage was not very helpful! (y reg 225 roadster just had 60K service)
Thanks

TTLouie
08-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Sounds like the fimiliar dash pod issue to me. Has yours been replaced? Mine was doing the same and Audi changed it under warranty as the TT Dash Pods have been a real problem.

richml
16-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Yes the infamous dashpod issue. But there is a simple and effective way around it IF you cannot get it repaired for free. Full, the Tank holds 67 litres.
The guage shows 3 marker-lines each representing 20 litres BEFORE it hits the 'reserve' marker which holds 7 litres. So through experimenting when you fill up with where the the needle is vis-a-vis the individual markers and your trip reading you get to know how many MPG you get per marker/per 20 litres. This way you'll know when to refill and how many litres are left in the tank. Bit long-winded but - it works well!

churchy
18-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Had the same problem when i bought mine, replaced by audi, 800 quid if not

smiler708
18-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks very much for the advice.
I have been getting around the problem by resetting the trip every time I fill up - it gets to about 380 miles andi know it's time to fill up even if the gauge does play up. Do you think it would cause a problem when I come to sell? I'm thinking of advertising it at Easter.

richml
19-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Guess it depends how honest you want to be! People who know the TT know there have been well-documented probs with the dash gauges. I think if you're honest and say sometimes it plays up but I always gauge the petrol but using the tripmeter you're telling the truth. Good Luck.