PDA

View Full Version : help - yaw sensor problems

samclark
05-03-2007, 08:10 PM
anyone out there can offer help. About 3 months ago my beetle "51" reg with onyl 40,0000 started to play up. The ABS would come, yes i would drive down the street and the abd/brakes would come on. i have switched the esp system off and it still does it intermitantly. Garage replaced the wheels sensors, nothing happened. Been in VW garage today who put on diagnostic machine.

report says : carried out guided fault finding using 5051. 1. Fault check yaw sensor shows 30 o/s at idle. should be o o/s. checked wiring to sensor from abs ecu all ok. Suspect faulty sensor as signal moves up and down on road test. What does this mean? They want over £500 for new yaw sensor (part no: ij0907655a) and £200 fitting. Cant be right ! can it ?.

Anyone, am i being ripped off?

Sam

pete_muscat
18-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi

Not sure if this helps, or if youve already paid the dealer. My 2000 W reg (2L) bug had a similar problem in that the ABS light came on & stayed on. The dealer said the YAW sensor was probably at fault, and until this was changed we wouldnt know if it was/wasnt. Anyways, cut a long story short, had this changed at a cost of £617, and the problem still persisted. Turned out to be some sort of ABS switch in one of the wheels that could a couple of pounds to change - but by the sounds of it you may have had them changed already.

Ive kept the old part from my bug as a momento - all that money for a part about the size of fag packet kinda hurt...especially as it didnt need changing!! The part numbers on it are 1J2 907 637A & 1J0 907 657A. If this part is suitable, and you can find someone to fit it for you your more than welcome to try it out to see if this cures your problem....otherwise I know they (and others) come up on ebay once in a while from surplus stock.

Pete