PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax - Wax it Wet

A4Chris
02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Just wanted to post a quick note to say that I used Turtle Wax 'Wax it Wet' for the first time this weekend and was very impressed.

After you've washed the car and rinsed it, you simply spray on the wax and then chamis dry (panel by panel) et voila....very shiny car for next to no effort. At first I was a bit sceptical and thought that simply using the chamis leather was what was giving the shine, but after a bit of rain (and then snow!!!!!) today I noticed the water on the car was beading so there is definitely wax on there.

I doubt the shine will last as long as with old fashioned wax and elbow grease but for a quick and easy wax finish (for a nice mid winter lift) I'd highly recommend this.

fattysaudi
08-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I dont doubt it for a minute turtle stuff is great i use it on my gleaming red quattro. in have no idea how to add pic though.

questions keep rolling what is the best bumper gel/shine?

Col
08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
what is the best bumper gel/shine?

The best I've found is the Autoglym Bumper Care stuff. Like green thick snot but works very very well.

curiousgeorge
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I used Wax it Wet yesterday after somebody had recommended it here. Although it looks good, it's nowhere near as good as reall wax, I tried it when the car was very wet and later tried again with just a damp microfibre cloth.

I'll finish off the bottle then go back to old fashioned turtle wax.

Redzer
02-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I've been using wax it wet for a while
Its obviously not as good as waxing the car the shoulder wrecking way but for the amount of time it takes it works well and makes drying the car easier too.
There seems to be some level of wax in it you can feel it on the panels afterwards.

ndwall
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
questions keep rolling what is the best bumper gel/shine?

I use Autoglym bumper care. Does a nice job, I put it on with a microfibre cloth or foam applicator and it last well.

Nick

fubar84
30-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I've been trying Turlewax's new ICE range and overall I'm pretty happy with it. Worth mentioning that I'm firmly in the easy/time saver but decent(admittedly not as good as proper carnauba wax) finish.

As it was 3 for 2 at Halfords I bought the Liquid clay, liquid wax and spray detailer.

The clay was mediocre it comes with a sponge applicator but won't remove most of the tougher stuff that a proper clay bar would.

The wax came with a sponge applicator and microfbre towel for £12 which is good value for money. Its easy to apply, can be used on back plastic bumpers and gives a great shine for something that only takes 15 minutes to do. It can be applied in the sun and is pretty much streak free. It's raining as I type this and I can say I'm happy with the beading on the car too.

The spray detailer apparently contains carnauba wax, though how much as a percentage of a whole is anyone's guess. It's just as easy to apply and remove as most quick detailers and provides a similar finish.