PDA

View Full Version : Question Good car / Yonky bulbs??

JVOB
02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi all

I have just bought an 2001 Fabia Elegance Estate 1.9 and find I have a little electrical problem. There is a small dash warning light which is said to show that there is a defective bulb in the system. Well the bulb is alight.. but there isn't seemingly a defective bulb anywhere??

I checked through the pile of old servicing bills and see that it was noted by a service department as being an unsolved fault about a year ago, Hmm

Has anyone got any ideas where to look for the answer? as there must be presumably an open circuit or a problem lurking somewhere??:confused:

Many thanks in advance.

JVOB

JVOB
18-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

Still struggling with this odd dash warning light problem that still won't go away, I recently had an interesting development where I was stopped by another driver (who was following me at night), who asked me to turn off my high intensity fog lights...BUT THEY WEREN'T ON?? I then tried my stop lights and they were of less intensity than the normal road lights!! (and the bulbs are not in wrongly).
Does anyone know if there is a simple wrong cross connection point somewhere in the wiring by any chance?? It obviously can't be in the backlamps as the are all solid state..he said hopefully!

JVOB:1zhelp: