PDA

View Full Version : ABS Light

01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Polo 1.2E mk5

ABS light is on. 40A fused link above battery had been soldered back together by auto electrician from supplying garage. Has cracked again, which may or may not be the sole cause of the abs light coming on again.

Anyway, main question - will the ABS light go back off if the systems tests say it's working correctly? or will the light stay on like the airbag lights until they are reset/codes cleared?

Reseting the engine ecu etc by removing the battery is not an option at this time, as i do not wish to disrupt the tweaks performed by the garage to get the engine idling satisfactorily.

And no i dont have a hundreds of pounds to spend on a proper version of VAG COM. (besides which, i dont have a laptop). :(

kenney
01-02-2009, 05:54 PM
When a 40amp fuse blows there must be something really wrong.You need to find out what is causing the fuse to blow.This is the reason the control light is on.

01-02-2009, 06:26 PM
The fuse has not necessarily "blown" this time. It may have just cracked due to fatigue at the joint where it was previously "repaired". It looked connected, but upon testing with a meter it wasn't. So the fault that originally caused the link to blow may well have been sorted when it went back a few months ago.

I should also point out that I have put a new fuse in.

So i refer to my earlier question once again.

EDIT: have just established that abs light does go out of its own accord after going for a short drive.

POLO12
21-02-2009, 11:44 AM
I've just posted my problem with ABS warning (21/2/09) which started a few months back, exactly same cracked fuse, suspicious of 40A fuse blowing but definitely no heat involved only cracked, I've soldered it till I get a replacement to prove the fault light went out after driving 50 yards.