PDA

View Full Version : drilled brake disc

squidgey
31-01-2009, 06:29 PM
hi all
my front brake disc needed replacing on my 06 3.2 fsi cab....does any1 know where I can get drilled disc and is there and down side as to having drilled disc....? thank

towcestervag
31-01-2009, 06:56 PM
having a lot of dealing with brake people like brembo etc they actually say drilled discs dont make a blind bit of difference on a road car

squidgey
31-01-2009, 07:08 PM
But there sure look good:beerchug:

kodkod.84
31-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Yep mine are cross drilled as part of the Spec. Ed. package on the S-Line A4, however colleagues S4 aren't although they are a bigger disc.

Now tell me which car needs the more stopping power lol.

toff
01-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Take a look at the link below for lots of goodies that should fit your 3.2: (Including some cross-drilled discs).

ECS Tuning (http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Audi&engine=V6%203.2L&model=B7%20A4&submodel=Quattro&category=Braking)

The only problem is that they are in the USA!

I can belive the earlier comment about cross drilled discs being useless unless used on a racetrack.
Sure, they dissapate heat better than a plain disc because there is more surfce area to cool (and they do look cool!) but they also increase the the corrosion surface area and are more prone to fracture / cracking (between the holes) than plain discs.

I used slotted discs for a while - the slots help keep the surface of the pad clean. A good choice for pure road use in my opinion.

Regards
Al.