PDA

View Full Version : total collapse?

ALANXTC
31-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi Folks,
i have a 2002 225hp TT Roadster. Ive just got it back from the body repair shop and found that i have no power to electric roof, boot and petrol cap release, internal lights and security and central locking. Windows,radio and wind deflector working okay. The shop says its my fault as there was a problem with the central locking before i took it in and they replaced the battery as i had asked them to in case that was causing the problem! Any clues? Ive checked all the fuses even the 30A ones on top of the battery and they are all okay. Thanks for your help
Alan

kite
31-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Try disconecting the battery for 10mins to see if a reset works....
If no go get a fault code read with vagcom.

ALANXTC
01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Hiya Kite,
tried and no go. Still no power to the cab. Do you (or anybody!) know where the fuses are in a TT besides the main block on the edge of the dashboard and on top of the battery? The wiring diagram ive got seems to suggest one in the drivers footwell controlling security, central locking and power for roof but I dont know where and cant see a likely area to poke at! I am really trying very hard to put off a trip to Audi after several bad (and expensive) trips to a crappy Audi garage near to me.
Alan

kenney
01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi In which area were the body repairs.

ALANXTC
03-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Repairs were to the front passenger side - hit a wall very lightly, last January.

I took the car into an AutoElectrician today and found that water has been getting in and dropping onto the central locking command module which has corroded. Does anyone know where i can get a new one and do i have to take it to a Audi dealer to get it reprogrammed or will a Volks garage do it for me as well as they are 45miles nearer.

Im a bit miffed as ive told Audi whats wrong with the car and they have told me that they are still going to do checks which will take "an hour or two" to make sure the AutoSparks guys are right and then charge me this in addition to the 1.5 hours labour to change the central locking command module over and reprogram it. Do these people know nothing of customer service and am i the only one who is getting a bit sick of it? Sorry - moaning seems to be the only thing that im getting from my TT at present and it used to make me smile so much! Any help and advice much appreciated!
Alan