View Full Version : New Audi A4 1.8T FSI S-Line Brilliant Black

solarseven
31-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Pics of my new Audi 1.8T S-line! :Blush:

ScottyUK
31-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Very nice! :D

A couple of questions :

[1] I assume you don't have SatNav - any chance you could show the area around the geat stick. I've not seem one with out Nav and it looks quite different. Be good to know what to expect with mine

[2] Is the front central lowest part of the bumper i.e. the central splitter element the same colour as the car? I thought they were meant to be silver as per page 4 of the lastest brochure

gibbyd
31-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Very nice, have got a brilliant black on order myself. Like the soft focus shots, look very moody:Blush:

solarseven
31-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks Scotty!

You are spot on..the splitter (blade) on the front is Silver...

Heres a pic of the gear stick area - No i dont have the satnav... nor do I have the Hill hold.. TBH I had hill hold on my previous SE 1.8T (great car) but never used it anyway!

solarseven
31-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Very nice, have got a brilliant black on order myself. Like the soft focus shots, look very moody:Blush:

Good choice...it looks better in real life.. thanks yes I was aiming for a bit of 'mood' in the shots :Blush:

gibbyd
31-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Have you done anything paintwork wise, I was thinking of using something like Auto Glym Deep Shine when mine comes. Wanna keep it looking like those shots for as long as poss!!

ScottyUK
31-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Glad to see the silver element is there. I couldn't make it out on the other pic.

Your gear stick area's shocked me! I thought I'd be getting all the buttons around the stick but a blank where the NAV one goes.

Have they changed the spec since you ordered? I don't see how I can use the MMI for the B&O, TPMS, Phone prep etc without the dial and all the buttons. :confused:

I WANT MORE BUTTONS :aargh4:

:D

solarseven
31-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Have you done anything paintwork wise, I was thinking of using something like Auto Glym Deep Shine when mine comes. Wanna keep it looking like those shots for as long as poss!!

Actually yeh... I use:

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/images/products/tnw189h0xy-UDS_500.jpg

then finish it off with:

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/images/products/tnw189h0xy-Egp_325.jpg

Long lasting and beads for ages...:beerchug:

solarseven
31-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Glad to see the silver element is there. I couldn't make it out on the other pic.

Your gear stick area's shocked me! I thought I'd be getting all the buttons around the stick but a blank where the NAV one goes.

Have they changed the spec since you ordered? I don't see how I can use the MMI for the B&O, TPMS, Phone prep etc without the dial and all the buttons. :confused:

I WANT MORE BUTTONS :aargh4:

:D

:biglaugh: hehe...I know...but it all works perfectly using the central dial on the dash where the two climate control dials are. The following pic is from my previous 1.8T and it had the same layout...all controls in the centre:

Have to admit it does look abit lonely by the gear stick when you compare with the new MMI controls!!

Yep...brushed aluminum...no plastic here!

Audi Happy
31-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Nice ride solarseven, enjoy.
Black has always been my favourite but after having 4 on the trot i decided to have a change.
May be regretting that decision now after seeing your shots. oh well only another 2 years, 7 months and 3 days before i can change.

solarseven
31-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Nice ride solarseven, enjoy.
Black has always been my favourite but after having 4 on the trot i decided to have a change.
May be regretting that decision now after seeing your shots. oh well only another 2 years, 7 months and 3 days before i can change.

Ha ha! Have to say This is my first Audi in black...but can imagine wanting to change after four on the trot! :D

Still...I think The A4 looks pretty sexy in most colours, red included.

gibbyd
31-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Actually yeh... I use:

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/images/products/tnw189h0xy-UDS_500.jpg

then finish it off with:

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/images/products/tnw189h0xy-Egp_325.jpg

Long lasting and beads for ages...:beerchug:

Have got both, but will buy some new bottles to do it justice!! Never prepared so much for any new motor. Now its just what colour shagpile carpet for the garage:biglaugh:

solarseven
31-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Have got both, but will buy some new bottles to do it justice!! Never prepared so much for any new motor. Now its just what colour shagpile carpet for the garage:biglaugh:

Ha ha! I feel the same..The new Audi almost demands that you go out and buy new car cleaning gear! :D

ScottyUK
31-01-2009, 06:52 PM
:biglaugh: hehe...I know...but it all works perfectly using the central dial on the dash where the two climate control dials are. The following pic is from my previous 1.8T and it had the same layout...all controls in the centre:

Have to admit it does look abit lonely by the gear stick when you compare with the new MMI controls!!

Yep...brushed aluminum...no plastic here!

Aha! I had no idea !! So am I right in saying you only get the dial by the gear shift if you order SatNav? That seems weird them making different consoles just for that.

Surely the dash dial isn't as easy to use whilst driving as I think you'd need to reach forward rather than just put your hand down the side :confused:

solarseven
31-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Aha! I had no idea !! So am I right in saying you only get the dial by the gear shift if you order SatNav? That seems weird them making different consoles just for that.

Surely the dash dial isn't as easy to use whilst driving as I think you'd need to reach forward rather than just put your hand down the side :confused:

Yes..You only get the MMI controls by the gears with SatNav... odd I know... But to be honest - its what you get used to.

I had a replacement car for a night a while back and it was a A6 Avant with the MMI controls by the gear... and although good, I was so used to reaching forward it felt alien to reach down to use the controls.

ScottyUK
31-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Cool! Good to know that you're happy with the way it works. I may pop to Audi tomorrow to have a look in a non - Sat Nav A4 to ensure my wife and I are both happy with it. It seems all the cars we've sat in and test driven have had Sat Nav.
Cheers ;)

solarseven
31-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Cool! Good to know that you're happy with the way it works. I may pop to Audi tomorrow to have a look in a non - Sat Nav A4 to ensure my wife and I are both happy with it. It seems all the cars we've sat in and test driven have had Sat Nav.
Cheers ;)

Yeh seriously..its not an issue. I love it! Course...its always nice to have more buttons!!:biglaugh:

ScottyUK
31-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I also meant to ask about the lights?

Are they LEDs (S4?) or simply clear instead of red?

solarseven
01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I also meant to ask about the lights?

Are they LEDs (S4?) or simply clear instead of red?

No they are not the LED backlights just the standard..

audi ad8
02-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Thanks Scotty!

You are spot on..the splitter (blade) on the front is Silver...

Heres a pic of the gear stick area - No i dont have the satnav... nor do I have the Hill hold.. TBH I had hill hold on my previous SE 1.8T (great car) but never used it anyway!

A lighter silver on the bottom be better. I will be picking up my Black S-Line this thursday. That would be the 1st thing i do.... paint it light silver.

kodkod.84
02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Isn't the splitter colour called 'platinum grey' or something like that? Is the rear exhaust valance the same colour too?

mkc
02-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah the front splitter and rear valance bit is the same colour, a sort of dark grey. One of the reasons I went for my blue was so that the front splitter bit would stand out a bit more. Odd I know but just thought it added to the over all S Line front bumper.

Most of the cars Audi have used and demo are fully loaded with the Sat Nav and the buttons around the gear stick. I have non Sat Nav so all the buttons move to the usual radio/CD area. Very easy to use but I do find that I have to bend my wrist in an odd way to use the main "knob". Probably because Im so short and my chair is so high to see over the wheel! I think having them in the Sat Nav area would be better. The non Sat Nav car does look pretty odd around the gear stick,lots of plastic and in my car at least lots of annoying dead/blank buttons. One either side of the ESP and one where the Hill Hold button should be. I went for Piano Black to make that area look a little bit better!

The LED type rear lights does annoy me slightly. Even the new A3 has better rear lights.

Back to the Sat Nav thing, I think you lose the SD card slot if you go for the full Sat Nav.

gibbyd
04-02-2009, 06:31 PM
[quote=solarseven;306350]Pics of my new Audi 1.8T S-line! :Blush:

Cheeky I know, but that's me. Could ya put these pics up big enough to make screensaver/background for the PC cos they look great.;)

solarseven
09-02-2009, 10:41 PM
[quote=gibbyd;308451][quote=solarseven;306350]Pics of my new Audi 1.8T S-line! :Blush:

Cheeky I know, but that's me. Could ya put these pics up big enough to make screensaver/background for the PC cos they look great.;)[/quot

Cheers!!

uh..can't upload bigger versions.. I'll upload the larger ones to my webspace and put the links here as soon as Ive done it.:D

llyan
10-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Nice Styles, I also brought Audi A4 B8 Avant at 2008 DEC, but I haven't any S-Line options, It seems S-Line quite good outlook comparing to the original.

gibbyd
10-02-2009, 06:31 PM
[quote=gibbyd;308451][quote=solarseven;306350]Pics of my new Audi 1.8T S-line! :Blush:

Cheeky I know, but that's me. Could ya put these pics up big enough to make screensaver/background for the PC cos they look great.;)[/quot

Cheers!!

uh..can't upload bigger versions.. I'll upload the larger ones to my webspace and put the links here as soon as Ive done it.:D
Cheers friend:Blush: