PDA

View Full Version : Question Octavia Estate Rear Number Plate Light Bulbs

Leighhowlett
31-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I am having difficulty changing the light bulbs on the rear number plate on my 2000 Octavia Estate. When attempting to push the light bulb into the fitting, the fitting goes back into the innards of the tail gate cavity. The fitting is too small to grip it with anything whilst pushing the bulb in. I suspect I might have to take the inside back cover of the tail gate to gat to the fittings. If so, does anyone know the best way of doing this. I have had a tentative attempt but it proves to be quite difficult and I am concerned I may snap the plastic cover or the snap on fittings which grip it.

Grateful for any guidance

greg123
06-02-2009, 01:17 AM
I am having difficulty changing the light bulbs on the rear number plate on my 2000 Octavia Estate. When attempting to push the light bulb into the fitting, the fitting goes back into the innards of the tail gate cavity. The fitting is too small to grip it with anything whilst pushing the bulb in. I suspect I might have to take the inside back cover of the tail gate to gat to the fittings. If so, does anyone know the best way of doing this. I have had a tentative attempt but it proves to be quite difficult and I am concerned I may snap the plastic cover or the snap on fittings which grip it.

Grateful for any guidance

Pull the bottom of the cover directly down when the tailgate is off, then you can see to work the rest off. It is stiff, warm weather help breakages. Buying half a dozen new clips/fittings also helps first. While in there take the cover off the rear wiper motor, clean out the mud and grease it up.

Greg.