PDA

View Full Version : B8 petrol chipping

Aldoaccie
30-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Guys,
Has anyone chipped a B8 1.8t(160)? Am looking for the nod as to a decent, reputable, supplier for a DIY in car mod to up the power.
Regards

ScottyUK
30-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm looking at this for the 2.0T. 8 years or so back everyone would put up their graphs so you could see how peaking the power was e.g. I loved the APR map but hated the MTM one. Now it seems very hard to get graphs to do a comparison.

Some people try one chip and are impressed with the performance but they can all feel so different and some suit people better than others.

I'm not sure what's changed....although there appears to be a lot of companies now offering to chip you car whilst knowing **** all about it. All they do is run the program on their laptop and that's it. Any issues and they can't even diagnose them.

It's a good shout trying to find a trusted chipper :beerchug:

Aldoaccie
30-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks ScottyUk. Will do more research methinks before picking a reputable dealer.
Cheers

Soot1e
30-01-2009, 11:48 PM
If you have not already done so have a look at APS's website. http://autops.co.uk/index.html

Ed is the person to speak to about VAG modifications.

ScottyUK
31-01-2009, 01:10 AM
For what it's worth I've known Ed for years (thru being a customer) and he was the first person I spoke to about remapping.

I've not seen a graph for 2.0T yet but if it performs how I like then I'd have no issues asking Ed and APS to do it