PDA

View Full Version : suspension arms

mark78
30-01-2009, 11:10 AM
im going to start ringing round today on prices of suspension arms for my passat estate is there a different name for each one if so can anyone please list them or do i just ask for suspension arms cheers mark

passat 130 tdi
30-01-2009, 12:18 PM
these here http://www.allgermanparts.co.uk/ourshop/cat_64739-PASSATA4-AND-A6-FRONT-SUSPENSION.html

are supposed to be of the best quality items on the market .

celtic fire
31-01-2009, 05:40 AM
im going to start ringing round today on prices of suspension arms for my passat estate is there a different name for each one if so can anyone please list them or do i just ask for suspension arms cheers mark

I just replaced mine on my 2000 passat wagon (estate?) there are all different in shape. I think the shop manual described the differences.

TDi_B5
31-01-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.vwspares.co.uk/ this is the best place I have seen so far. All suspension arms made by Febi Bilstein, bargain prices, rapid delivery (I ordered my upper arms at 2pm and they were in my hand at 9am the next day. Call them if you are unsure what you need! FREE POSTAGE too!!! I paid £20.85 for each upper arm, google that and you'll see that is an amazing price, you can't go wrong. If you do the upper arms, get new pinch bolts from VW, they'll be about £1.50 fot the bolt and nut.

scotty33
31-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi

I have been through this twice now with my 98 passat. The first time I used Meyle parts which only lasted 18 months/25k miles before they were even more worn than the original parts which had done 120k!
Second time I bought genuine, though I believe they are made by Lemforder. The Febi ones look cheap enough, could be false economy if you are keeping the car?

mark78
01-02-2009, 01:45 PM
cheers for the replys i went to my local auto parts place yesterday and they do the kit all arms and nuts and bolts for £237.00 that is with discount they give taxi drivers they worked it out for me if i had of bought each arm separate it would have cost me £370.00 so im happy with that thanx again mark :beerchug:

TDi_B5
01-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I didn't buy Febi arms because they are cheap, they are very good quality indeed, its just that I managed to find them at a very reasonable price!

good luck!

passat 130 tdi
01-02-2009, 04:35 PM
depends on the make of arms you bought, i got a full set of ebay from germany for £125 with all nuts and bolts.

mark78
01-02-2009, 05:01 PM
depends on the make of arms you bought, i got a full set of ebay from germany for £125 with all nuts and bolts.

i asked on this forum about the ones on ebay and was told buy they wouldn't be much good i thought as they were from germany they would be ok but as i use my passat as a taxi i thought i would get them from my local auto parts not sure if it makes any difference or not apart from the 100 quid extra i paid

mark78
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
changed the two lower arms and drop link which nuts do i not tighten til its on the ground can i tighten the bolts in the drop link and the bolts that go into the hub carrier thingy