PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking the car by mistake..

alexcf
29-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey,

So I accidentally found a new feature yesterday! I unlocked the car then, to be honest, I can't remember what I was doing, may have been on the phone.. ANYWAY... Unlocked the car, then the "see me home" lights came on as usual... Then when the lights went out, the car realised I hadn't opened any doors, (this could be an advanced key feature), then subsequently locked the doors again! Thought that was pretty neat. :)

Not sure if that's the full feature, but thought you guys might find that interesting... :)

ScottyUK
29-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Standard feature - my 5 year old B6 does the same.

mkc
29-01-2009, 04:23 PM
You have not found a way to shut the boot on the saloon have you after you get home from work, park the car on the drive so I can only see the front of the car from the house (drive to the side of house), let your 2 year old run around with the keys whilst you talk to the Mrs, dinner, tv, go to bed etc, wake up and find that the boot has been open all night?

Audi Happy
29-01-2009, 05:47 PM
You have not found a way to shut the boot on the saloon have you after you get home from work, park the car on the drive so I can only see the front of the car from the house (drive to the side of house), let your 2 year old run around with the keys whilst you talk to the Mrs, dinner, tv, go to bed etc, wake up and find that the boot has been open all night?

Wasn't that included in the 13 grands worth of extras the Q5 had on fifth gear ??
:beerchug:

Hex69
29-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Wasn't that included in the 13 grands worth of extras the Q5 had on fifth gear ??
:beerchug:

I saw that also - nearly £50k for a midsize SUV, madness..:aargh4:

bluestar_ale
01-02-2009, 12:07 AM
I have the auto tailgate fitted on my A4 avant............ you can open the tailgate with the key...... however it can only be closed by pressing the button on the tailgate........ and not with the key!!!!!

jon_iz
01-02-2009, 01:00 AM

Well my problem has always been convenience windows....
On my last car, an A6, and on the two BMW 320's that preceded the A6...
Sit in the house with keys in pocket.
Manage to sit in such a way, with the unlock button pressed that it unlocks the doors, and then winds down the windows.
:o
In the Audi's at least it locks the doors again after 90 seconds. However it doesn't stop your seats getting wet over night...
Lucky the car has always been there in the morning, contents intact, just wet and cold in winter...

My B8 has finally fixed this, as i can turn the convenience widows off...

Although you might ask, why don't i just take my keys out of my pocket?
Well that would then make me like the wife - she can NEVER find her keys!
:D