PDA

View Full Version : engine remap

stockportdubfan
28-01-2009, 05:47 PM
hi there got a the 1.9tdi engine the 130bhp one anyway went to prosport in stockport and they quoted me 400 pounds for a remap they use revo software for the ecu seems abit pricey to me anywhere cheaper

Hex69
28-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Forum Sponsors. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=215).

hongkongstuey
28-01-2009, 08:23 PM
not heard anything good about revo anywhere, but they must have a brilliant advertising because everyone gets sucked in. i paid 275 to get mine chipped with upsolute chips, would reccomend them to anyone, through ccc tech

m4xmw
28-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Prosport in Stockport is a really good garage, so I`d trust any car with them for maintenance....
Theire RR is accurate too... however £400 seems steep...

Pete is the owner, see if he`ll do a better price?

Mark

motechmike
28-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Were still running the offer for £250 all in. Ok were a bit of a drive down in Northampton but it will be chaeper !

mike

minty0_10
29-01-2009, 12:58 AM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=57570 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57570) :beerchug:

VanWheeler
29-01-2009, 01:44 PM
We're running a remap day in Bromsgrove near Birmingham. £250 all in with before and after runs on the rollers.

See my signature for details

Thanks, Mark

RSTuning
02-02-2009, 01:11 AM
hi there got a the 1.9tdi engine the 130bhp one anyway went to prosport in stockport and they quoted me 400 pounds for a remap they use revo software for the ecu seems abit pricey to me anywhere cheaper

For a custom map setup specifically to your car we can do this for £345+ VAT. No offence to the above but these are generic maps and i can guarantee the extra £££ will be well worth spending in the long run :)

Your car will will be on the dyno for a good 2 hours while logs are taken and the file will be calibrated in front of your own eyes. No buying in here!

motechmike
02-02-2009, 10:22 AM
For a custom map setup specifically to your car we can do this for £345+ VAT. No offence to the above but these are generic maps and i can guarantee the extra £££ will be well worth spending in the long run :)

Your car will will be on the dyno for a good 2 hours while logs are taken and the file will be calibrated in front of your own eyes. No buying in here!

Iam sorry .,, How do you know our file's are generic ??? well there not.. There is no real point putting a car like this in they dyno to tune, the PD lump has been around for 10 years now.. If he had bolt on parts bigger turbo FMIC then yes we would use a rollers but was of time and his MONEY if its a stock car...

Mike

RSTuning
02-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Ok, maybe we should not use the dyno on these and buy in files from a reliable source.

Been doing it wrong for ages now, cheers for the tip.

VanWheeler
02-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Our maps are custom (not live). You get a choice of which power level you want to go for and the files are written on the day by one of 3 members of staff. There are another 2/3 on the day assisting with getting cars loaded on and off the rollers.

Thanks, Mark

RSTuning
03-02-2009, 11:40 PM
You mean your maps you buy from Chipped UK? Custom made maybe yeah, but custom mapping per car i think not! There is no way you can properly map cars in 20 minutes!

VanWheeler
04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
You're correct, you can't map a car in 20 minutes. That's why we have 5-6 people on the day. That's at least 50 man hours, most we've mapped in a day is 16. So 50 divided by 16 is 3.125 hours per car.

The process works like this! Someone will read the car and speak to the customer to ask what they want from their remap. Then the file will be modded by another member of staff whilst someone else is working on another car, the car will be run and if it significantly down on stock power we will investigate why this could be and advise/clear error codes/fix the issue (if possible) run again to get stock figure. Then the car is mapped and run again to get an after figure. If we are not happy with the power/run the map is tweeked, car mapped again then run again. The car is given to the customer to take for a test drive and once they are happy then they pay. We don't take payment until the customer is happy.

You can't keep 100% people happy, but out of around 100 odd cars mapped on these days 99% have been happy. If they have come back to us saying something is not right we will look at the car, run diagnostics and if a resolution can't be found the customer is refunded.

Thanks, Mark

RSTuning
05-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Uploading a file to a car is not mapping!

You can have 20 people with laptops flashing ecu's all day but this does not mean the car has been properly mapped.

Eshrules
05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
£250 for a map uploaded to your car

£350 for your original map edited, tailored to your car.

I know which I'd rather have...

the one thing I will say, before this descends any further, to the members of this forum, ensure you get a receipt for all work carried out, ensure the 'mapper' completing the work warrants what he's doing to your car and please, do your research before going ahead with an engine remap.