PDA

View Full Version : Cabriolet roof warning light

Gary H
28-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi
I'm getting the roof warning light flashing for 10 seconds on startup.
I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and I've put a booster on the battery to make sure it's not got a low charge (The battery is less than a year old so should be ok).
I've also had a look at the roof storage area in the boot which is ok.
It doesn't affect the roof operation as it will open and close when the warning light is flashing but I'd like to know what it is
Any ideas would be appreciated - Thanks

JIGGY C
28-01-2009, 02:13 PM
If you call Audi (or the Audi RAC) there is a reset procedure for the roof which should remedy this - i had the same thing as well and Audi sent one of their RAC vans out (the car was new) and the engineer went through a procedure of turning certain bolts etc in an order which reset it, then it was job done! Check the manual as well incase the procedure is in there.

Gary H
28-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the reply - Mines a 2003 so not under warrenty. Can you remember which bolts they looked at?

Crasher
28-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Release the roof with the key stored in the side of the dash with the fuses. The header release is in the centre behind thee mirror and the rear in the top of the rear centre arm rest location. I had one like this the other day and it was the left rear seat belt, the webbing had got caught in the rear deck cover and pushed down into the locking unit, ruined the belt as well.

Gary H
28-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks - I've just been looking up how to manually raise and lower the roof to see if that would clear it. It's got to be worth a try

bez101
29-01-2009, 08:50 PM
i used vag to reset mine

Gary H
30-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks Bez, I've got it booked in for a service at an independant next month and they've got the software to reset it. I'll have a look in to getting Vag as well. Cheers for the help