PDA

View Full Version : Changing headlight bulb on Bora

SteveC
02-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm sure there's a simple way to change these, but I can't find it.

I need to change the drivers side headlight bulb. However, access appears blocked by the washer bottle. Can anyone point out the best / easiest way to change it.

Ps. Did think of taking it to dealer who wanted £15 labour, despite buying 2 new cars and complete servcing / repairs - I told them where to go.

Steve

Sam
02-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Steve

As the Bora sits halfway between a Golf and a Passat you have one of two options.

If it is the Golf option, I'd take the dealer's route - I seem to recall it requires the removal of the front bumper - £15 is cheap.

If, however, it is the Passat option you can do it yourself, you just have to remove a few items from the engine bay first.

I don't want to divert traffic from this site so I wont post a link but perhaps someone with more knowledge of the Bora could chip in. I'd hate to recommend something and it be wrong!

Maybe you could post a picture of the engine bay - that would help me to work out what method would be the best

Sam

redtony
02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
This sites not very helpfull ;/

is there a guide anywhere as my passenger side H4 light has gone too

Eshrules
02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
This sites not very helpfull ;/

is there a guide anywhere as my passenger side H4 light has gone too

come again? with over 14k members and nearly 50k posts, what sort of a statement is that?:o try using a search ;) theres more than one thread on this subject, the general consensus is, either struggle and DIY, or bite the bullet and pay the £15 labour at the garage, they aren't easy bulbs to replace and unless you have dextrous hands, youll struggle to do it with the bumper on.

in future, think before posting ;) offending those who are trying to help you isnt wise ;)

evilstan
27-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I have a 2001 Bora 1.9 Diesel and it took me about 10 minutes to change both head light bulbs. I dont know if they differ between petrol and diesel models but it is a quick and easy change. The drivers side is a case of simply removing the back ok the head light and replacing the bulb and the offside you have to remove a plastic trim above the radiator. The hardest part is working out which way to push the plastic clips.

01V5
29-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah you really don't have to do much work to change the bulbs. I changed all 3 bulbs in both clusters in a matter of 20mins. Just a big fiddly and squashy but even me, with large hands could do it. The part that took the longest was removing the headlight cover on the passenger side (requires a screw driver).

Good luck.