PDA

View Full Version : Boot hydraulics

jazzzza
27-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Hiya

My boot no longer stays open when I lift it up, I have an estate car and really... I'd like to fix it because it's a pain. I'm guessing it's the hydraulics that hold it up, are they easy to fix and how do I do it? It coincided with the car boot cover becoming jammed after pulling it too hard (it wasn't me who did it!). Something that looks like a button has popped up but I'm going to get a man to push it down and see if the cover will slip back in, but at the moment, nothing much seems to happen when I try and slide the cover back into the mechanism. Does anyone know much about how these things work? I'd like to fix this and I'm not convinced these are entirely isolated problems.

alonzo
30-01-2009, 05:56 PM
All you need is the two struts that hold the boot up. Its a common problem so they're not easy to find in the breakers. Boot cover is very similar to a roller blind so it should not be to difficult to fix.

jazzzza
30-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Cheers. I'm going through German and Swedish to get a couple of struts. The rollerblind... nothing even comes up on google. What are they called? I can't seem to find it on any searches to find out how to fix it.

sbt
30-01-2009, 06:25 PM
its refered as a load cover and the gas struts are available on ebay