PDA

View Full Version : octavia vrs 170bhp common rail diesel,Good or Bad???

veedub76
26-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi,
Just a question,a friend is thinking of ordering a Skoda Octavia VRS 170 BHP common rail diesel.Is this a good choice for a company car?
He has a Leon 150 TDI PD at the mo and is looking to upgrade.
Any one own a 170 VRS diesel and are they any cop??

Any advice or help would be good:approve:

paul b
27-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi,
Just a question,a friend is thinking of ordering a Skoda Octavia VRS 170 BHP common rail diesel.Is this a good choice for a company car?
He has a Leon 150 TDI PD at the mo and is looking to upgrade.
Any one own a 170 VRS diesel and are they any cop??

Any advice or help would be good:approve:
My mate has the 170bhp version in an A3 Sportback (same platform as the new Octavia) and he uses it as his company car.

However, he wishes he'd have got the 140bhp version, as he's getting late 30s, early 40s mpg maximum from it.

He's had no mechanical problems with it though, seems to be very reliable. He does 40k per annum by the way!

Paul

mister.c.
27-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I guess we are talking brand new - if so then the VRS has a different diesel engine (the Common Rail engine) to that in the A3 sportback (well all sportback's other than those on 58 plates as then onwards the CR is in them. ).

Economy in the old engine was poor as you've mentioned; however the new engine (the CR one is in the diesel TT) is a significant improvement in economy, refinement (and touch wood no DPF issues!)

davemort
12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi forum

This is my first reply to a VWaudi forum

I am interested in changing my Fabia VRS Sp Ed for a new Octavia VRS as there some great deals at moment - and figures for the common-rail engine look good.

The current website/brochure shows VRS and Scout models with "old" bodywork but "new" interiors.

Press announcements last few days for Scout with "new" bodywork. Will the VRS follow suite? i.e. the day after I order the current version!

Incidently why are the 140bhp new Octavias still PD whilst Golf moves to CR?

Dave

MKV_BEN
11-03-2009, 06:05 PM
There are no real major changes to the octavia vrs interior or exterior the only major differences are that the newer vrs are coming with the common rail and the new style touch screen radio. As they have now stopped making the vrs this will not change until the new facelift vrs comes out in june july tme.