PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wind Deflector

Gadgeteer1066
04-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately, because I bought a car from the showroom, I had no say over options and extras. Because of this I had to order the rear windbreak as an accessory and ended up paying £320 rather than the £240 you would pay if you were to order it up front (very annoying).

However, I have had the opportunity to use it over the past few days and have to say it is excellent. Without it in place I found on a chilly day I was getting a cold wind whipping around from the back and crossing over my thighs. With it in place there is no wind, no chill and no fuss. I have even been driving without the heater or heated seats on, such is the difference.

If you are ordering an Eos, make sure you order the windbreak, it makes a difference and it is a heck of deal cheaper up front!

SWORDFISH
04-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Same happened here. Got the car that was SUPPOSED to be going in the showroom. The only difference was that I got the brand new unused windbreak out of the manager's Eos for £230. Worth every penny. It's a permanent fixture in mine at the moment.

Incidentally, when the dealer priced up the windbreak for me, they did say it actually cost them more than £230 to order it, then there would be profit and VAT on top!! They couldn't do it at cost for £230. Lot of money for what looks like could be made for less than £50. Wouldn't be without it tho.:approve:

Gadgeteer1066
04-03-2007, 04:55 PM
You were lucky, mine was the only Eos they had and they weren't inclined to order one and do it at cost for me. To be honest, I have had better service from Tesco checkouts.